[A16] RimFactions - Lets populate this planet

Started by Catatafish, January 28, 2017, 11:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catatafish

Jecmenn

This might be pretty good mod, but i have big issue with it. While picking my pawns by randomizing the pick, after few clicks the pawn picker goes blank and i'm unable to do anything else than go back to main screen.
Since i'm using plenty of mods it might be some kind of compatibility issue so i'm trying to find a combination of mods that will not break this one, but so far no luck.

Catatafish

What you are experiencing is a known compatibility issue of prepare carefully and humanoid alien framework.  Both mod creators are aware and working to resolve the issue.  Both mods will work together as long as you don't use the randomize button. 

Rah

Hi Catatafish, I was recently asked to make a EPOE Hardcore patch for this mod, but I don't think have time to manage it, seeing as I have a lot of other patches. Would you be willing to do that? If you are, I can make one and give it to you, and then people can download both EPOE versions from you.

Catatafish

I will see if I have the time to get it done this weekend.  My plate has been really fully the last couple weeks so I haven't been able to get that epoe hardcore patch done nore my next set of races finished up.  I have a certification exam I paid $300 to take in a few days, and after I get through that I should have plenty of time.

Rah

Quote from: Catatafish on February 17, 2017, 09:08:15 AM
I will see if I have the time to get it done this weekend.  My plate has been really fully the last couple weeks so I haven't been able to get that epoe hardcore patch done nore my next set of races finished up.  I have a certification exam I paid $300 to take in a few days, and after I get through that I should have plenty of time.

That sounds good, let me know if you need any help.

vladmartin89

Hi, Catatafish. I've played with dwarves\wraiths before, when only d\w were introduced and found some bugs with those factions like:
1. Hostile factions send you a hostile caravans and visitors.
2. And other day i have "refugee-with-a-pirates-on-his-tail-seek-help" situation when both dwarven refugee and his dwarven chasers were hostile to me, because they were from hostile clan.
3. Also both dwarves and wraiths lost their apparels on death from time to time(save\load brings different results). I mean when dwarven\wraith pawn drops dead, there is a good chance that all equipped apparel will magically dissapear, leaving you just a stripped body. Weapons dropped as usual though.
3.1. And from previous. Game crashes if downed and unstripped d\w dies while hauled to bed. From my observation this happens only with unstripped pawns. So my best guess, that it's connected to "vanishing apparel" bug.

Any hope that those were resolved by now? Really hope to populate the world with tons of different factions :)

sefer

This has a TON of bugs that make the game unplayable. I was hoping so badly that this wasn't the culprit... First upon loading necktie, 30% coverage, default settings. It fails to load said world with these 2 problems in the debugger.
There was an exception thrown by the PawnGenerator during generating a starting pawn. Trying one more time...
Exception: System.InvalidCastException: Value is not a convertible object: Verse.Pawn to AlienRace.AlienPawn
  at System.Convert.ToType (System.Object value, System.Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider, Boolean try_target_to_type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Convert.ChangeType (System.Object value, System.Type conversionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AlienRace.AlienPawn.GeneratePawn (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AlienRace.AlienPawnGenerator.DoGenerateNewNakedPawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request, System.String& error, Boolean ignoreScenarioRequirements) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AlienRace.AlienPawnGenerator.GenerateNewNakedPawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AlienRace.AlienPawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AlienRace.AlienRaceUtilities.NewGeneratedStartingPawnModded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
AlienRace.AlienRaceUtilities:NewGeneratedStartingPawnModded()
RimWorld.ScenPart_ConfigPage_ConfigureStartingPawns:PostWorldLoad()
RimWorld.Scenario:PostWorldLoad()
RimWorld.Page_CreateWorldParams:<CanDoNext>m__528()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update()
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

Could not execute post-long-event action. Exception: System.InvalidCastException: Value is not a convertible object: Verse.Pawn to AlienRace.AlienPawn
  at System.Convert.ToType (System.Object value, System.Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider, Boolean try_target_to_type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Convert.ChangeType (System.Object value, System.Type conversionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AlienRace.AlienPawn.GeneratePawn (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AlienRace.AlienPawnGenerator.DoGenerateNewNakedPawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request, System.String& error, Boolean ignoreScenarioRequirements) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AlienRace.AlienPawnGenerator.GenerateNewNakedPawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AlienRace.AlienPawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AlienRace.AlienRaceUtilities.NewGeneratedStartingPawnModded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ScenPart_ConfigPage_ConfigureStartingPawns.PostWorldLoad () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Scenario.PostWorldLoad () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Page_CreateWorldParams.<CanDoNext>m__528 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update()
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

next theres a problem with refugees/wanderers/travelers/visitors/traders/etc anything that spawns npcs. This is random each game and always has 1 that throws the error at a minimum, totally disabling those events. Worse, it can happen to ALL of them. It is always the same error as follows: (the only difference is the event name.)

Exception filling window for Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionListLister: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.PawnGenerationRequest.EnsureNonNullFaction () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_RefugeePodCrash.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu+<DoListingItems_MapActions>c__AnonStorey4E2.<>m__942 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionLister.DebugAction (System.String label, System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionListLister.DoListingItems () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_OptionLister.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.GuiInject.WindowDetour+<>c__DisplayClass1.<_WindowOnGUI>b__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
HugsLib.GuiInject.<>c__DisplayClass1:<_WindowOnGUI>b__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

rarely your character will refuse to spawn on creation, unknown what is the cause, likely the above error.

I am only running core, hugslib, rimfactions core + all the other rimfactions afterwards, in that order.

and yes, i know its using the debug menu, but I assure you, the error happens with normal ingame firing of the events as well. I just dont want to waste hours of time trying to get them to fire to show you this error.

Korn.Mil

Hello, i am having errors

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

BluealienWilson

Reminds me of the game Gnomoria! Awesome mod :3
God help us all.

D3adlyN0b

Quote from: Korn.Mil on April 06, 2017, 05:33:35 AM
Hello, i am having errors
I'm having same kind of errors and i have downloaded all your files  and framework too.

Festen

Your different faction mods doesn't work anymore for me since the Alien Framework update to V2. Really miss them. is there something more to do to have them work or aren't there correctly updated ?

Patrick

This Mod Is Cool Adds A Another Allie/Enemy To The Game! Great Mod!