[A10] Glassworks IX

Started by ITOS, April 21, 2014, 07:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITOS

UPDATE FOR ALPHA 4F:

I have made the necessary changes to the code for this mod to work with Alpha 4f. However, the art for the doors have changed and I would like to change the art for the windows to match. The best way to do that would be to turn windows into a wall-type object. Getting that to work may take a while.

LZPanzer

ITOS

Quote from: Encode on June 09, 2014, 01:37:19 AM
Thank you for updating it. I've actually copy/paste/edit Glasswork1 (Alpha3) texture to make it link (metal/stone) walls, not rock though. Hope this is useful for your reference to make your new updates wall-linking.

Snapshot of one of my very old base using this edited Glasswork1.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-2X4bQE3KQI4/U3jhndlpUzI/AAAAAAAAALY/Tnpqp4Ug0O0/w1215-h972-no/03-kitchen%252Brooms%252Bglass.light.png

Snapshot of my last Alpha3 game (Randy Random) with quite a few mods, including Glassworks1, using a Sunlamp to light up 4 rooms.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-dLpImHEKvHA/U5VJSem6LXI/AAAAAAAAASM/a3zj97MTHPg/w1215-h972-no/ocd%2540work.png

I'm still testing the new Alpha4(f) environment, so not really using mods at the moment, but will sure update this to Alpha4 on my side if no new release from you. Hope that's alright with you. Just for my personal use, not claiming as my own or spreading them. I like the windows on blue/green carpet rooms. Cheers!

Interesting. I went for a very different direction with the wall texture (see attached picture).

I want something that connects cleanly to the vanilla walls. It should also fill the entire square so that you can't see doors sliding underneath. The fake perspective makes it difficult to have connecting glass in corners, though. May have to change that.

And I couldn't prevent you from doing anything for yourself with my mod. Seriously, I'd need Microsoft's entire legal department to try.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

ITOS

New version for Alpha 4f. See first page or http://www.nexusmods.com/rimworld/mods/23/?.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Cala13er

Quote from: ITOS on June 11, 2014, 03:08:31 PM
New version for Alpha 4f. See first page or http://www.nexusmods.com/rimworld/mods/23/?.

It's nice, however I don't personally think the walls look good when linked with the glass walls.

moredrowsy

ITOS

Quote from: Encode on June 11, 2014, 06:53:05 PM
Thanks for Glassworks3! I made a little adjustment (again for my own use. ) when I was surprised there's no light going through etc. Here's what it looked like.

DERP! I set the <blockLight> to false but it wasn't working. Turns out there was another <blockLight> set to true further down that I missed. Going to fix that with the next update, I also want to add a glass door.

Connecting to other walls can look weird when done in a crossing. I don't know of a way to condition the wall to look different when connecting to different walls.

madpluck

So does that mean that the walls let in light during the day, therefore allowing for outside growing areas without a sun lamp, and it will negate the "darkness" penalty to colonists' mood? I'm a little confused about what the mod "does" exactly. If it's purely aesthetic, then do the windows have a "tiny" beauty bonus for colonists' mood?

mrofa

Use attlitude layer to let light in
All i do is clutter all around.

ITOS

Quote from: madpluck on June 13, 2014, 12:16:29 PM
So does that mean that the walls let in light during the day, therefore allowing for outside growing areas without a sun lamp, and it will negate the "darkness" penalty to colonists' mood? I'm a little confused about what the mod "does" exactly. If it's purely aesthetic, then do the windows have a "tiny" beauty bonus for colonists' mood?
I only know how to set the windows to not stop light from lamps. Daylight is treated different in game and is instantly stopped by roofs, regardless of walls. The window have a "nice"-level beauty bonus.

ITOS

Update IV: Added glass door. Fixed windows blocking light.

knoedel90

you can build a sunlamp in a 1x1 glass room outside with a power Switch. this is nearly the same like a greenhouse.

ITOS

Quote from: knoedel90 on June 30, 2014, 03:13:44 AM
you can build a sunlamp in a 1x1 glass room outside with a power Switch. this is nearly the same like a greenhouse.
You wouldn't really need the glass for that. Once the roof is generated you can remove all walls except one bit. The roof will stay and protect the lamp from rain.

Jathomas

Quote from: ITOS on June 30, 2014, 01:57:28 PM
Quote from: knoedel90 on June 30, 2014, 03:13:44 AM
You wouldn't really need the glass for that. Once the roof is generated you can remove all walls except one bit. The roof will stay and protect the lamp from rain.

however the one wall block looks weird as well as blocking some light
Check out my mod ideas list HERE! (http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4384.0)

Ask me to advertise your mod, rate it, review it and suggest improvements!

ITOS

Update for Alpha 5. Broken windows and glass doors now leave broken glass that your colonists will clean up.