[A10] Glassworks IX

Started by ITOS, April 21, 2014, 07:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dickjustice

Quote from: skullywag on March 09, 2015, 05:49:59 AM
Check if images exist at the location specified in the error in the glassworks mod folder inside the textures folder. If they dont try redownloading.
They are there, both files, with .png extension. Maybe file extension is missing in texture loading call?

skullywag

Nope no extension shows in log message. Can you try with only this mod enabled?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

vagineer1

When will Glassworks be updated for Alpha 10?
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

ITOS

Quote from: vagineer1 on April 16, 2015, 02:18:50 PM

Give it some time, jeez. ::) I just saw the new alpha a couple hours ago.

It's updated now. :P

LanMc

Quote from: ITOS on April 16, 2015, 04:54:18 PM
Quote from: vagineer1 on April 16, 2015, 02:18:50 PM

Give it some time, jeez. ::) I just saw the new alpha a couple hours ago.

It's updated now. :P

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I wouldn't want to go to Alpha 10 without your Glassworks mod!  I love it so much!!!  Keep up the awesome!

Lan
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

Enjoyment

Thx for a quick update of my fav mod.
Fix the 'download' line (it leads to correct link, but says "download version IIX"

And a little offtopic:
Quote from: Enjoyment on February 24, 2015, 12:35:16 PM
One of my most favourite mods... Great job.. But, what does "IIX" means? Is it eight (which is VIII) or nine (which is IX)  ::)
Quote from: ITOS on February 24, 2015, 01:19:27 PM
"IIX" stands for 8. I always found double subtractives to look better.
Why it was "Glassworks III" than, instead of "Glassworks IIV"? ;)[/size]
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

ITOS

Quote from: Enjoyment on April 18, 2015, 02:11:31 AM
Quote from: Enjoyment on February 24, 2015, 12:35:16 PM
One of my most favourite mods... Great job.. But, what does "IIX" means? Is it eight (which is VIII) or nine (which is IX)  ::)
Quote from: ITOS on February 24, 2015, 01:19:27 PM
"IIX" stands for 8. I always found double subtractives to look better.
Why it was "Glassworks III" than, instead of "Glassworks IIV"? ;)[/size]
I admit to not being consistent on that point. It's probably because III is much more common while higher numerals are not seen often enough for me to be influenced by that norm.

Der Failer

Hey ITOS,
i just found that your mod throws this:
XML error: <joyGainPerTick>0.00015</joyGainPerTick> doesn't correspond to any field in type JobDef.
Turns out that you used joyGainPerTick in the Jobs_Glass.xml when it should be joyGainRate. It also look like you then need to change the number as well.
The problem is that even after changing this the colonists still refuse to watch TV. So i did so more testing and got it working :)
The second thing i found is that the JoyGiversGlass.xml the thingDef is Television and is there for linking to the vanilla TV, instead of your TV.
To finally get it to work the giverClass (in the JoyGiversGlass.xml) must be JoyGiver_InteractBuildingSitAdjacent instead of JoyGiver_WatchBuilding. I've no idea why JoyGiver_WatchBuilding, which is used in vanilla, is not working but who wants to stand in front of a TV anyway.

An other thing i don't quite understand, the specialProduct Smelted in the recipe for glass. From what i have seen the only does something it if ingredient of the recipe has a smeltProduct defined in its ThingDef (like Guns or SteelChunks), but this does not apply for RockChunks in vanilla, nor in your mod, so all it does after all is preventing the use of "Do until you have x". So could you please just get rid of it?

Anyway after all the complaining i want to point out that i really like this mod. :)

ITOS

Quote from: Der Failer on April 18, 2015, 11:57:15 AM
Hey ITOS,
i just found that your mod throws this:
XML error: <joyGainPerTick>0.00015</joyGainPerTick> doesn't correspond to any field in type JobDef.
Turns out that you used joyGainPerTick in the Jobs_Glass.xml when it should be joyGainRate. It also look like you then need to change the number as well.
The problem is that even after changing this the colonists still refuse to watch TV. So i did so more testing and got it working :)
The second thing i found is that the JoyGiversGlass.xml the thingDef is Television and is there for linking to the vanilla TV, instead of your TV.
To finally get it to work the giverClass (in the JoyGiversGlass.xml) must be JoyGiver_InteractBuildingSitAdjacent instead of JoyGiver_WatchBuilding. I've no idea why JoyGiver_WatchBuilding, which is used in vanilla, is not working but who wants to stand in front of a TV anyway.

An other thing i don't quite understand, the specialProduct Smelted in the recipe for glass. From what i have seen the only does something it if ingredient of the recipe has a smeltProduct defined in its ThingDef (like Guns or SteelChunks), but this does not apply for RockChunks in vanilla, nor in your mod, so all it does after all is preventing the use of "Do until you have x". So could you please just get rid of it?

Anyway after all the complaining i want to point out that i really like this mod. :)

Thank you. I'll look at fixing these things. I need to make an update anyway to fix the glass table which I accidentally broke.

Pursuit

Good job. Now I don't feel the need to add so many lamps, the light flowing through windows works great. I wish windows were in the vanilla game, but then we might not have this great mod.
I haven't tested every aspect of this mod yet, but wish I could add skylights.
Added it to my LP, makes a nice addition to go along with the new Joy System.
Avail Pursuit's YouTube Channel
Now get on with your Pursuit!

Play2Jens

Whooo! thanks for this! I hope Ty will add this to the vanilla game, so everyone can enjoy this.

Kolljak

Found out why no one uses the tv... its not set to be a gathering spot. they wont go gather there.

Kolljak

added
<designationCategory>Joy</designationCategory>
between line 40 and 41
making this.
40     <Passability>PassThroughOnly</Passability>
41     <designationCategory>Joy</designationCategory>
42     <comps>

I let you know how it goes.

Kolljak

Adamiks

Windows (Glass walls) don't lets light through.