[A10] Glassworks IX

Started by ITOS, April 21, 2014, 07:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITOS

Discontinued! Jacob814 has released an update for Alpha 11:
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8402.0

Description
This mod adds glass and windows. You first have to research Glassworks and build the tools necessary for making glass. With further research into Safety Glass you can build stronger windows that resist fire. Besides looking nice, windows are quick to build (once you have the materials) and allow light from lamps to flow into nearby rooms.

Download version IX:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23186958/RimWorld/Glassworks%20IX.zip

Current and old versions can also be found on Nexus:
http://www.nexusmods.com/rimworld/mods/23/?

Updates
Update II: Added worktable for making glass, which is the new resource for building windows. Also made alternative textures for windows.
Update III: Updated for Alpha 4. Changed texture for windows again. Windows now connect like walls (and with walls).
Update IV: Added glass door. Fixed windows blocking light.
Update V: Updated for Alpha 5. Destroyed windows and glass doors now leave broken glass.
Update V.I: Updated for Alpha 6.
Update V.II: Updated for Alpha 7. New process for making safety glass.
Update VI: Balanced a few numbers. Added a small glass table and a decorative TV.
Update VII: Update for Alpha 8. Now uses a stuff system that brought some changes to textures and properties.
Update IIX: Update for Alpha 9.
Update IX: Update for Alpha 10. Nerfed glass production from 10 per chunk to 2 per chunk. TV should work with the joy system but I have yet to catch any colonists using it.

Permissions
You may include this mod in mod packs as long as I'm credited as the creator of the mod. You may create and release derivative works based on this mod as long I'm credited as the original creator.

Vas

Good, but windows would be fragile so I wouldn't really use them in my own base.  Especially since I live in a mountain.  xP  Scenic dirt view.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Viceroy

I like it, not everyone is a dirt worshipper. I enjoy my gated and walled community with pleasant houses for all.
Dog goes moo!

Architect

You could make them give a bonus to happiness to make them a little more worth the time to build if you wanted?
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Cala13er

Quote from: Architect on April 21, 2014, 11:32:37 AM
You could make them give a bonus to happiness to make them a little more worth the time to build if you wanted?

+1. They don't seem worth it yet.

daft73

Quote from: Cala13er on April 21, 2014, 11:36:54 AM

+1. They don't seem worth it yet.
I agree, give it quality of life bonus or something...maybe even a set of bad things that can happen..say the wall gets naded'..glass shards fly. It could be used offensively as well to the creative builder. ::)

ITOS

They give a small beauty buff. What I really wanted was for windows to prevent a space from feeling too small. Can't find the code to do that though, might not be possible.

Architect

I think thats buried quite deep in the code I'm afraid, not sure its gonna be plausible to fix that :/
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

TimMartland

It would be good if it negated or at least reduced the cramped modifier. Rooms seem a lot less stressing when they have a window.
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman

Viceroy

Could always ask Tynan to make it accessible to modding, I suppose in the development cycle it is better to request things sooner rather than later.

Besides he seems to be genuinely a solid bro on the community front.
Dog goes moo!

mrofa

I like them.
You can use a workaround and make them not a room border like walls and doors have it, also you could use a <attlitudelayer> of a blueprint and a <overdraw> as true so they will be shown on walls and not betweem them like now, this will make them to fit more to custom walls.
All i do is clutter all around.

ITOS

Quote from: mrofa on April 21, 2014, 05:07:40 PM
I like them.
You can use a workaround and make them not a room border like walls and doors have it, also you could use a <attlitudelayer> of a blueprint and a <overdraw> as true so they will be shown on walls and not betweem them like now, this will make them to fit more to custom walls.
Not having them as room borders is problematic for bedrooms. Bedrooms are really the only rooms I make small (seriously, each colonist doesn't need it's own suite).

I may look into altitude and overdraw but I don't feel a great need to make them fit better than the vanilla doors.

Evul

Headshotkill

I could place windows between a hallway and the hydroponics room, that would be a nice view won't it?

daft73

Just a heads up, when I zipped the file's' to my mod folder, it initially did not work. It unpacked like so..
I did not notice this initially because of the other mods I have as well sharing the same folder. Through trial and error I realized your mod was not in a folder by itself, which caused the mod not to work. I fixed it on my end by making this folder ..and that fixed it.

Others may come across it as well..good mod though ;)