[A10] Glassworks IX

Started by ITOS, April 21, 2014, 07:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITOS

Quote from: Rikiki on October 27, 2014, 04:31:10 AM
I noticed you may have forgot to update the research time (1500 is veeery long in Alpha 7 ;)).

As for example, I like using safety windows in prison cells. I can see what is doing my prisoner before opening... ::)

I actually want the glass to take a while to get but be very quick to build with. But, yeah... The current research is a bit long...

ITOS

Update VI with a glass table and a TV (see main post for a picture). These object require additional research and provides high beauty bonuses. Also balanced a few numbers, such as research time and value of safety glass.

ITOS

vagineer1

Quote from: ITOS on December 12, 2014, 06:07:19 PM
Updated for RimWorld Alpha 8.

I just tried to download Glassworks and it keeps sending me to a 404 page.

On a side note I think some of the pictures on the OP are not showing anything.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

ITOS

Quote from: vagineer1 on December 13, 2014, 03:59:49 AM

It seems like the attachment system for this forum is not working correctly at the moment.
I have removed the broken attachments and added Dropbox links instead.

vagineer1

Quote from: ITOS on December 13, 2014, 05:23:23 AM
Quote from: vagineer1 on December 13, 2014, 03:59:49 AM

It seems like the attachment system for this forum is not working correctly at the moment.
I have removed the broken attachments and added Dropbox links instead.

Thank you.

Does the tv require research or can you build it straight away?
You see this tank?

ITOS

Quote from: vagineer1 on December 13, 2014, 05:26:19 AM

It requires "decorative glass research" witch unlocks after the first "glassworks research".

Flat screens are fairly complex so I thought it made sense to have them require additional research. I also intend to add more decorative objects that will be unlocked with that research.

vagineer1

Quote from: ITOS on December 13, 2014, 05:49:55 AM
Quote from: vagineer1 on December 13, 2014, 05:26:19 AM

It requires "decorative glass research" witch unlocks after the first "glassworks research".

Flat screens are fairly complex so I thought it made sense to have them require additional research. I also intend to add more decorative objects that will be unlocked with that research.

It would be nice to have some other tv sets as well. Maybe some sort of old fashioned scifi box tv like in one of your earlier images?
You see this tank?

SimpleBear01

I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet, but maybe some form of bulletproof glass? Could probably be done through a higher resource cost and HP for the glass.

ITOS

Quote from: SimpleBear01 on December 17, 2014, 12:52:25 PM
I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet, but maybe some form of bulletproof glass? Could probably be done through a higher resource cost and HP for the glass.
That is the purpose of "safety glass". It is stronger than regular glass and inflammable. I won't be making even stronger variants since I want them to complement, not replace, normal walls.

Kilderon

Found an odd interaction error when trying to track down a more serious error, not sure if it's being caused by Glassworks VII or Mod Order (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7454.0) I figured I'd post it in both threads with the details.

Loading either mod alone causes no error, but loading the two together gets you: XML error: > doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingFilter.

Error is visible immediately upon closing the mod screen. Starting a colony is not required. Attached is a cropped image of the debug screen I get.

[attachment deleted due to age]

ITOS

Quote from: Kilderon on December 20, 2014, 08:19:47 AM
Found an odd interaction error when trying to track down a more serious error, not sure if it's being caused by Glassworks VII or Mod Order (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7454.0) I figured I'd post it in both threads with the details.

Loading either mod alone causes no error, but loading the two together gets you: XML error: > doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingFilter.

Error is visible immediately upon closing the mod screen. Starting a colony is not required. Attached is a cropped image of the debug screen I get.

I've seen it but I don't understand what the error means. It doesn't seem to cause any problems while playing so I've just ignored it.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Rikiki

In a more detailed way: ;)

• Open the Mods\Glassworks\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipes_Glassmelting.xml file with any text editor (notepad++ ::))
  • Line 19: replace "</categories>>" by "</categories>"

skullywag

Quote from: Rikiki on January 08, 2015, 10:00:08 AM
In a more detailed way: ;)

• Open the Mods\Glassworks\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipes_Glassmelting.xml file with any text editor (notepad++ ::))
  • Line 19: replace "</categories>>" by "</categories>"

Makin it too easy for em :p
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?