Plague Enhanced

Started by ymc, May 08, 2017, 09:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ymc

I would like to suggest that plague is easier spread between pawns. I don't know how hard that would be to code, but perhaps the insult/chat system or animal mating system could be copied and reworked. I would also like to be able to infect prisoners and then release them :P.

I have italicized my proposed additions below.

• Minor (Hidden) - Severity: 0.01 - 0.39
    No effects on the affected colonist
    Buildup to the initial 40% disease head start that the plague has
  • Minor - Severity: 0.4 - 0.59
    +20% Pain
    -5% Consciousness
    -5% Manipulation
    small chance per x ticks that colonists within 5 squares contract it too (you'll find out in 40% :o)
  • Major - Severity: 0.6 - 0.79
    +35% Pain
    -20% Consciousness
    -20% Manipulation
    increased chance per x ticks that colonists within 5 squares contract it too (you'll find out in 40% :o)
    Chance of -5 moodlet (akin to saw a corpse) for anybody without a penoxy dose "I hope I don't get sick"
    Traders / caravans leave if somebody with this stage approaches within 10 squares
  • Extreme (Initial) - Severity: 0.8 - 0.9
    +60% Pain
    -30% Consciousness
    -30% Manipulation
    whatever chance per x ticks that colonists within 7 squares contract it too (you'll find out in 40% :o)
    Colonists generate a field similar to a heater, that fills the whole room they're in (you'll find out in 40% :o)
    Chance of -5 moodlet (akin to saw a corpse) for anybody without a penoxy dose "I hope I don't get sick"
    Chance of -5 moodlet (akin to saw a corpse) for anybody at all "This disease is serious"
    Traders / caravans flee if somebody with this stage approaches within 10 squares and you lose 15 good will (them wandering near a sickbed just causes FLEE)
  • Extreme (Advanced) - Severity 0.91 - 1
    +85% Pain
    -30% Consciousness
    -30% Manipulation
    -15% Breathing
    whatever chance per x ticks that colonists within 10 squares contract it too (you'll find out in 40% :o)
    Colonists generate an invisible field similar to a heater, that fills the whole room they're in (you'll find out in 40% :o)
    Chance of -5 moodlet (akin to saw a corpse) for anybody at all "This disease is serious"
    Traders / caravans flee, but will fire at any infected not currently in a bed and you lose 15 good will (them wandering near a sickbed just causes FLEE)
    Clothing stripped from a pawn at this stage has a hidden permanent infection flag (akin to deadman's apparel.) (ok, maybe that one is TOO evil  :-*)
    If the pawn dies, their bed is flagged permanently (akin to deadman's apparel)

I don't know how hard it would be to code the moodlets to not apply to people who got the plague around the same time, currently have plague / immunity, or a penoxy does. The irony of the moodlets spreading back and forth like a plague would be too much, haha. Maybe a temporary invisible "Bloodlust"-style trait that makes them not care (I have no idea if that's possible)?

Perhaps a couple permanent social things too:
Thought name         Opinion
Infected me            -15
Tended my plague         15
Plagued together         15

O Negative

I love the idea of communicable disease. I took at a whack at accomplishing this in my own personal mod, but I'm not good enough with C# to do it correctly, apparently.  +1 for communicable disease!

(This idea also works for the flu)

NachoToast

+1 maybe hospital stats such as cleanliness and hospital beds could also offset this?
-NachoToast

AngleWyrm

The thread title got me thinking about radio-active spiders and gamma radiation.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Perq

Plague would change into get the fuck out of colony because nobody will ever come close to you, especially our best doctor. Unless there were good ways of dealing with this (doctors being somewhat immune due to wearing some sort of stuff, which DOESN'T replace clothing/armor), hospitals and whatnot, this would simply mean that one of your colonists is now dead.
I'm nobody from nowhere who knows nothing about anything.
But you are still wrong.

O Negative

Quote from: Perq on May 09, 2017, 01:17:04 AM
Plague would change into get the fuck out of colony because nobody will ever come close to you, especially our best doctor. Unless there were good ways of dealing with this (doctors being somewhat immune due to wearing some sort of stuff, which DOESN'T replace clothing/armor), hospitals and whatnot, this would simply mean that one of your colonists is now dead.
Diseases are currently balanced around the fact that they aren't communicable. I'm sure Tynan would be more than willing to nerf diseases if they were contagious :P