Some Cosmetic & Playability ideas.

Started by Vas, April 21, 2014, 09:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vas

I played several times on Alpha 3, and found some things that really should be fixed and/or added.  I'll list them here.

2. Allow putting out fires manually outside of home territories.  This would mean you can right click any fire and prioritize putting it out.  Your colonists will only auto fight fires inside their home area but you can use this to manually fight a fire.

3. Allow putting out fires on top of solar arrays, otherwise if a fire starts in the middle, you're 100% guaranteed to lose it.  Same for other large buildings that a fire breaks out on.  It just needs to take twice as long to put out or maybe even a higher fire fighter skill.

6. One of my colonists nearly starved to death because there was no ting or anything when he started to starve or even a flashing red thing.  Starvation should flash red just like mental break and colonist needs rescue.

7. Graves should give info about the person inside them.  Name, day died, faction, cause of death/killed by, maybe even a button to show their info like their hobbies (the flames next to skills) and their skill levels and all.  They should also make it so you can't dig the body back out unless you deconstruct the grave first.

9. God mode cut should instantly cut all plants selected while in god mode. [Dev mode tools]

11. Autosave and saves should say the day they were saved, eg "Day 217".

13. Need an un-X & X-all button.  Tedius having to go all over the map to look for everything to X or Un-X it in order to let colonists interact with it.  I start off each map by un-Xing everything there is.

14. Guard Duty as a job/assignment for colonists.  This would let you tell them to go to a position every day after  eating and sleeping then stand there on guard and attack any enemy that comes around.  This could be attacking squirrels to defending the base against raids.  Guards would eat before going out on guard duty to maximize the time they stay out.  You would need a dedicated guard job for them as well, much like warden and such but this would likely end up being a full time job for them, a very important job.  They would beat out fires that are directly next to them, or in their guard influence range, and shoot at hunting marked creatures as well, so long as it was within their fire range.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

tbrass

All good ideas. In particular, I want to call out:

#2 - manual fire fighting, should definitely be a right-click option, just like hauling

#4 - OMG, yes. Sliding is cute and fun, but text entry should be an option for precision. Moreover, the hard limits should automatically be enforced by the slider.

#5 - locked doors for fun and profit (and mostly to keep colonists from dying because they elect to go hauling during a firefight)

#6 - optional notification (because I like options) for needs & physical health at, say... 25%(?) would be nice.

#7 - yes, grave info for story telling purposes :-)

#14 - something akin to patrols

DrCakerz

They Should Also Add Sign-Posts Or Banners To Name Rooms And Areas.

If They Added Muffalo Herding Areas, They Should Add Fence-Type Objects Like Gates And Canes (To Drive Muffalo's0. All Good Ideas.  :)