[A17] Hand 'n' Footwear Mod v1.3 (08/08/2017)

Started by XeoNovaDan, May 09, 2017, 10:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: asquirrel on May 21, 2017, 05:56:19 PM
The A16 1.1 version seems to be incompatible with something along the line of 'apparel_shieldbelt'.

This is still quite confusing, because this mod makes absolutely no references to Apparel_ShieldBelt, which is what replaces Apparel_PersonalShield. It's probably something minor, but I'll take a look into the XMLs now and see if there's anything that bears any resemblance.

Edit: OK, I found it - big oversight on my behalf. It's referring to Apparel_ShieldBelt in PawnKindDefs_Humanlikes.xml. Will fix it right away. Seeing as I'm working on that, I might as well go full circle and update the A16 version to v1.2 too - although it won't have the patching aspect to it.

Edit 2: Done, the fixed version should be available on Dropbox now.

Edit 3: OK, maybe I forgot to update Apparel_ShieldBelt references to Apparel_PersonalShield. I'll re-work on that.

Edit 4: OK, actually done this time.

DiamondBorne

Real sorry i'm quite busy these days i don't have the time to upload the screencap for you. But seeing you're already update the mod, i guess you won't be needing that anymore.

Some suggestion for new gears.

-Divide the basic shoes into two types. Both should still be on the same tier.
-Sneaker
Speed                : +++
Durability           : ++
Protection          : +
Heat Insulation  : ++
Cold Insulation   : +
Social                 :
Sneaker can only be made of fabrics. Has the fastest movespeed of the two but less protection and durability. Also has better overall temperature insulation.
-Leather Shoes
Speed                : +
Durability           : +++
Protection          : ++
Heat Insulation  : +
Social                 : +
Leather shoes can only be made of leather of course. Has less movespeed bonus but higher durability and protection. Has less temperature insulation because you don't want to wear these on highnoon or your feet will be cooked, trust me my country is located just a little bit above the equator. Note that the leather shoes should still be one tier lower than cowboy boots.

-Flipflop
Speed                : ++
Durability           : +
Protection          :
Heat Insulation  : +++
Cold Insulation   :
Social                 :
-Flipflop. is the worse footwear on the tier list but is even cheaper and faster to produce. Only offer a good heat insulation while still retaining some walkspeed bonus.

-Fur boots
Protection          : +
Heat Insulation  :  ++
Cold Insulation   : +++++
Social                 :
Fur boots. Is a direct upgrade to the tribal boots. Offer a very good cold insulation. Like the parka of all footwears.

-Fancy Footwears
Protection          :
Social                 : +++++
Fancy Footwears. A catch-all term for high-heel and anything you wear to some rich social event. This is what happened when Cowboy Boots decided to dump all its stats into social impact rather than equally distribute them to protection, durability and speed. Should also be on the same tier.

-Metal Greaves
Durability           : ++++++
Protection          : +++++
Social                 : +
-Metal Greaves. An even heavy and stronger alternative to the combat Boots. With a little bit of social bonus because who wouldn't impressed by a huge shiny metal boots? Offer low insulation because it was made out of metal. Actually this is exactly what your Combat Boot's description try to convey. So i'm thinking of having the combat boots also use fabric to craft and change them to a sort of faster but less protection and durable than the metal Greaves.

Shoes tier list
              ->Sneaker --------  -->Tribal Boots ------>Fur Boots --
Flipflops-                             --                                                     -->Combat Boots
              ->Leather Shoes --  -->Cowboy Boots ------------------
                                           --                                                     -->Metal Greaves
                                              -->Fancy Footwears ---------------

Gloves

-Doctor gloves. Add for the sole purpose of increase healing successful surgery chance. But i heard the A17 Surgery has been fix so this might not needed.

-Fingerless leather gloves. Ergonomically designed to aid shooting and prolonged gripping of heavy bludgeoning object. reduce attack cooldown.

-Change Dexterous glove's name. Dexterous gloves sounds like it came out of Diablo or that Infusion mod. ^_^
Maybe something like Nanonic Energizing Motion Assisted (NOMA)gloves Gives it some Sci-Fi feels.

XeoNovaDan

Those are some great ideas, but the aim of this particular mod really is to keep small and simple. Shinzy's supposed to be working on a similar project - sort of a foot version of apparello - so it may be worth pointing them out to him.

Patrick

I would Love To See If They Affect Temperature of The Colonist :3

Mufflamingo

Tynan should make a hand and foot slot by a18. Hahahahaha.
Bleeeee. . . . .

Canute

What do you think about
- roller blades, increase movement on floors only.

- jumping boots, increase outdoor/unroofed movement speed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5V356k-9a8

XeoNovaDan

They're both interesting ideas, and I especially like the latter after watching the video you linked. It'd be nice if perhaps somebody could program for these, because I'm not a C# programmer.

They'd probably be made purchase-only much like dexterous gloves so that you ideally don't get too many in your colony. The only other issue is with the way that bionics work as they stand, and that in term is the major caveat of this mod.

Worst thing is that I can't do anything about that because this is a vanilla issue.

Mufflamingo

Why cant I wear Jacket and Gloves at the same time? ???
Bleeeee. . . . .

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: Mufflamingo on June 27, 2017, 07:14:02 AM

That's... odd. Are you using the latest HnF version?

Jackets occupy the 'Shell' layer, whereas all apparel included in this mod all occupy the 'Overhead' layer - which replaced 'Accessory' from previous alphas. Furthermore, Gloves no longer cover shoulders because that was just a hideous workaround to get them to work with bionics.

Mufflamingo

Oops. I was using 1.2.1. (Thats what it said when I checked the ver)

I just updated it and it worka fine. Sorry for the ruckus buddy.  ;D ;D

Goodluck on future projects.
Bleeeee. . . . .

XeoNovaDan

You're welcome.

I'm currently working on a re-balance series of patches for EPOE. Nerf hammered the power arms in particular, but other tweaks have been made too. Might do the same for A Dog Said, because its recipes are dissimilar to that of EPOE's.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on June 27, 2017, 07:56:40 AM
Quote from: Mufflamingo on June 27, 2017, 07:14:02 AM

That's... odd. Are you using the latest HnF version?

Jackets occupy the 'Shell' layer, whereas all apparel included in this mod all occupy the 'Overhead' layer - which replaced 'Accessory' from previous alphas. Furthermore, Gloves no longer cover shoulders because that was just a hideous workaround to get them to work with bionics.

Overhead is for hats, Accessory was renamed into Belt (which is what shield and smokepop belts are using).
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Mufflamingo

Bleeeee. . . . .

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: Mufflamingo on June 30, 2017, 05:42:46 PM
How do I make plated gloves?

Plated gloves and combat boots can both be made at a machining table.

Mufflamingo

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on June 30, 2017, 05:59:49 PM
Quote from: Mufflamingo on June 30, 2017, 05:42:46 PM
How do I make plated gloves?

Plated gloves and combat boots can both be made at a machining table.

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu.
Bleeeee. . . . .