[A17] Hand 'n' Footwear Mod v1.3 (08/08/2017)

Started by XeoNovaDan, May 09, 2017, 10:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

Updated to v1.2.3 (07/08/2017)

Changes:
- Buffed Plated Gloves and Combat Boots
    - Now offer the same protection as a simple helmet
- Halved Dexterous Gloves' market value and increased commonality
- All apparel items cover the 'OnSkin' layer again
- VFWE patch has been integrated

As is slowly happening with my mods, the direct download has been moved to GitHub

SpaceDorf

Could Combat Boots and Plated Gloves be made from leather with just metal additions ?
This would be more realistic .. at least as far as I remember my combat boots :)

And have some power gloves and boots.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Canute

Do you realy think your "Bundeswehr treter" act as combat boots ? :-)
Compare them with the safty boots from you can buy.
Ofcourse they are made with leather or other robust material, but they need to have better resist material inbound like steel,carbon.

XeoNovaDan

I could have the combat boots require leather, but I instead opted for consistency with vanilla. Sometimes gameplay in that aspect takes priority over realism. I probably won't do power boots/gloves mainly since I probably wouldn't be able to make a good texture for them (I could barely do the combat boots/plated gloves' textures), but also because I still want hand and feet to stand somewhat as a weak point, which is probably what the devs were thinking as this sort of thing isn't in vanilla.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on August 08, 2017, 05:26:58 AM
I could have the combat boots require leather, but I instead opted for consistency with vanilla. Sometimes gameplay in that aspect takes priority over realism. I probably won't do power boots/gloves mainly since I probably wouldn't be able to make a good texture for them (I could barely do the combat boots/plated gloves' textures), but also because I still want hand and feet to stand somewhat as a weak point, which is probably what the devs were thinking as this sort of thing isn't in vanilla.

I understand, your signature makes it clear also :)

Quote from: Canute on August 08, 2017, 04:38:20 AM
Do you realy think your "Bundeswehr treter" act as combat boots ? :-)
Compare them with the safty boots from you can buy.
Ofcourse they are made with leather or other robust material, but they need to have better resist material inbound like steel,carbon.

Since those Treters survived about 10 years of nearly daily use .. and then died because of a user error .. I think they count.
The job of combat boots is not to be bulletproof .. but having some kevlar or metal inlay would sure be appreciated ..
A modern combat boot is more of a camouflaged Hiking Boot than anything else.
Made to be comfortable and to endure trecking through all kind of terrain.

Canute

And i think more at medival knights boots, special at the combination of "plated gloves".
Cowbow boots, or Shoes are more for a comfortable and endure trecking.
Combat boots and plated glover should give the best availble protection.

If he ever made power gloves/boots they got the same protection but with movement bonus.

And i still miss some 7 miles sandales. (+20 m/s) :-)

SpaceDorf

Maybe we should call them "plated boots" or "reinforced boots" then ?
More descriptive, and I guess I am not the only one who thinks of modern Soldiers when reading Combat Boots.

And while I am at it .. I throw in my general apparel suggestion :
please add a own sub category to the stockpile-tree.

XeoNovaDan

@SpaceDorf I like them suggestions actually, v1.3 shall be a thing very soon!

SpaceDorf

Thank you, and thank Canute as well .. I am waiting for the update then :)

XeoNovaDan

Updated to v1.3 (8th August 2017)

Changes:
- Dexterous gloves are now 'Military' instead of 'Spacer' tagged gear
    -  This will stop you from starting with dexterous gloves
- Handwear and footwear are now broken down into their own categories within Apparel
- 'Combat Boots' have been renamed to 'Plated Boots'
- Most items now inherit from new abstract defs

mslsr

Neat mod, but how do I actually craft these things? I can only find tribal boots in the crafting spot, none of the rest show up either in crafting spots or tailoring benches.

XeoNovaDan

Ah, the weird recipe issue was reported on Steam too. It's apparently a load order thing:

Quote from: Esse Coisa (Steam)
I found that moving this mod toward the top of my mod order (over the other clothing mods I have) fixed the issue of no boot/glove bills at either tailoring table.

I'd still like to know what mods exactly causes this, because that'd be worth noting in the 'Compatibility' section.

mslsr

Heh, yeah, I found out about that after making my post. Pulling it to the top of the load order did indeed fix things and now my colonists are all wearing sweet leather boots.

That other guy mentioned the Mending mod, which I also have. Maybe that's the culprit?

XeoNovaDan

The_Spare_Ace

Hey Nova, are you planning to update this mod to B18?
TNW Export Company ~ Exporting crops and textiles since 5057! Come visit us at our HQ, Himmelsdorf, or request a trade ship from us.