I hate how the game forces you to pause on so many insignificant occasions

Started by vampiresoap, May 15, 2017, 05:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vampiresoap

Like if one of your millions of chickens gets burned by the flash storm, you're forced to watch at speed one...Okay, just wait it out, it doesn't take that long...Finally, back to speed 3! Oh no! Another chicken gets burned!...

Bozobub

Very much this.   If the game MUST pause, it should also allow you to UNpause, FFS.  If that causes some idiot players problems, they'll simply learn to unpause less quickly, now won't they?
Thanks, belgord!

O Negative

I actually agree with this quite a bit.
Make it a toggle option, if you must.

Noobshock

Draconicrose

It's pretty handy in some situations, but I agree that there shouldn't be a situation where the player can't control the speed of the game. Or maybe have the speed lock as an option? Some people don't realize that the game slowed down for a reason.
I have a Rimworld Let's Play for you -> Let's Play Rimworld Playlist

OFWG

Quote from: Draconicrose on May 16, 2017, 05:15:02 AM
there shouldn't be a situation where the player can't control the speed of the game

That sums it up. The initial slowdown is OK, but (probably like most) I always play at 3x so having to watch the pawns respond sooooo slooooowly to the emergency at 1x is extremely frustrating.

Wait, we're not in suggestions? This should be a suggestion if it's not already over there.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

klopkr

I don't understand why this game limits pause. Just slow the game down don't lock me into the slow view. I don't want to watch the minor fire out in the field getting put out on slow.

PotatoeTater

You can turn off autopause, then it will only slow down if your pawns are in direct combat, or in danger of combat.
Life is Strange

Bozobub

Even then.  The initial pause is perfectly fine and makes sense, but FORCING pause?  No, thanks.  There literally is no excuse for it.
Thanks, belgord!