Bonded Pet Bucthering

Started by Neotic, May 17, 2017, 11:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neotic

So you care when you favorite pet dies, but it's okay when we decide to butcher and eat him when we have a surplus of food. :)
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

ReZpawner

In all fairness, he WAS fucking delicious...

mumblemumble

it boils down to how hard it is to track : having the meat of that SPECIFIC animal being labeled would be a pain, and a mess to track

I recall something similar, where I reported a dog eating its master not long after he died...tynan basically said it would be a lot of work for something pretty rare in occurrence, and so he would not fix.

Makes sense considering his design philosophy, but yes, leads to a few oddities.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Neotic

Quote from: mumblemumble on May 18, 2017, 12:32:26 AM
it boils down to how hard it is to track : having the meat of that SPECIFIC animal being labeled would be a pain, and a mess to track

I recall something similar, where I reported a dog eating its master not long after he died...tynan basically said it would be a lot of work for something pretty rare in occurrence, and so he would not fix.

Makes sense considering his design philosophy, but yes, leads to a few oddities.
While i can imagine that it would be difficult there should at least be some sort of debuff for butchering the pet. Like how pawns get "Butcherd human like".
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

O Negative

I would consider this a bug.

Does the game not register it as a bonded pet death at all?

Neotic

Quote from: O Negative on May 18, 2017, 12:54:08 AM
I would consider this a bug.

Does the game not register it as a bonded pet death at all?
It does register the death im just saying why does the pawn care about the death and not what we do with his corpse immidiately after, like butchering and eating
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

O Negative

Oh gotcha. Yeah, I would agree with you and say a heavier penalty should be at play :P