[B18] RIMSLAVES 4.2 : DAENERYS’ ARMY – Game of Thrones mod!

Started by WalkingProblem, May 09, 2017, 05:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkingProblem

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 29, 2017, 03:35:35 PM
Why are Workslaves also genderless ?

The Unsullied are Lore, and the Sallies are common sense :-D

But why the Workslaves ?

Genderless are enforced because I dun want my slaves start mating. And its not possible to have male slaves become work slaves, and females become maiden automatically (they are considered different species).

So it easier to just disable their gender altogether. Because Walkblem Slavers Corp thinks that is better for business.

LOL

------

As for the Hospitality clash, the main reason for the error is because Hospitality do not account for pets/animals following visitors. As a result, the appearance of animals messed up the visitor pawn's "thought-process" and the visitor just end up, not knowing what to do.

SpaceDorf

I understand the solution for genders, it makes sense .. in which market can it be allowed for the customer to make homebrew copies of a valuable product ..

the hospitality bug is a bit weird, because why are the slaves considered pets and not caravan animals ?

===== EDIT =====

I turned of all Guest Beds when the caravan from WalkBlem Arrived .. and guess what, they left without 5k of silver and no complaint.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

MCreeper

I can't keep only sallys and maidens and possibility to buy them from spaceships, do i?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: MCreeper on August 05, 2017, 01:40:04 PM
I can't keep only sallys and maidens and possibility to buy them from spaceships, do i?

Do you mean removing/turning off everything else ?

You could do that .. by carefully removing everything else from the mod.

MCreeper

Deleted all don't needed entries (not all  :( if i load it properly it says something about all slave interactions) Results is bizzare. If i load it with call of chtulhu AND psychology, it make mod conflict that crashes ALMOST all textures in call of chtulhu and methadon drug in psychology.  I don't have any idea how it's even possible. Unmodded mod works properly.

SpaceDorf

In addition to removing the stuff from the mod, you have to also remove the entries from your savegame.

Okay .. I talked stupid shit yesterday .. let me check that real quick ..

====== EDIT ======

yeah .. factions is the only thing I have not tried to mod myself yet ..
You could do it the hacky way like I said ..
Or you could do it the smart way .. like I should have thought of from the beginning
( or someone could have said something ..  )

you don't have to remove anything .. you only have to turn it off .. ( will only work if you have faction discovery installed .. )

defs\factionDefs\WalkBlemSlaverCorps.xml       contains the definition of the faction
following lines define what the faction is allowed to do, and how many of them you want :

<requiredCountAtGameStart>1</requiredCountAtGameStart>
    <canMakeRandomly>true</canMakeRandomly>
    <raidCommonality>100</raidCommonality>
    <canSiege>true</canSiege>
    <canStageAttacks>true</canStageAttacks>

change it like this :

<requiredCountAtGameStart>0</requiredCountAtGameStart>
    <canMakeRandomly>false</canMakeRandomly>
    <raidCommonality>0</raidCommonality>
    <canSiege>false</canSiege>
    <canStageAttacks>false</canStageAttacks>

and the factions should be gone ..

MCreeper

*facepalm* oh, like this. A bit too late though, already started game with full mod.

SpaceDorf

*facepalm* was what I did, when I remembered that ..
and it should be save  with "faction discovery" .. this adds/removes the faction savely .. ( at least adds, removal .. i am not 100% sure :) )

or turn of the visitor beds, when the slavers are around ..

MCreeper

Noticed that sallys sometimes rescue downed colonists, but they shouldn't be able to(max training - release). Is this vanilla?

WalkingProblem

Quote from: MCreeper on August 08, 2017, 09:33:01 AM
Noticed that sallys sometimes rescue downed colonists, but they shouldn't be able to(max training - release). Is this vanilla?

Thats one of the rare Sallys' job.

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 04, 2017, 04:55:36 PM
I understand the solution for genders, it makes sense .. in which market can it be allowed for the customer to make homebrew copies of a valuable product ..

the hospitality bug is a bit weird, because why are the slaves considered pets and not caravan animals ?

===== EDIT =====

I turned of all Guest Beds when the caravan from WalkBlem Arrived .. and guess what, they left without 5k of silver and no complaint.

Actually in the very first version of the mod, WorkSlaves are caravan animals (you can probably still find the texture of their backpack in the mod) - however, once an animal is a caravan animal - it is no longer available for purchase from a Walkblem Caravan.

Thus I removed workslaves' ability to be caravan animals.... unfortunately...

SpaceDorf

Guess what .. now there is a mod for that :)
with many more features from the animal wishlist.

Oblitus Animal Logic

Works quite well in the Animal Overhaul mod.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 10, 2017, 04:54:35 PM
Guess what .. now there is a mod for that :)
with many more features from the animal wishlist.

Oblitus Animal Logic

Works quite well in the Animal Overhaul mod.

"Buyable Pack Animals
You have a mod which allows all animals to act as pack ones, and now traders don't want to sell them? Now they don't mind selling a pack animal without a load!" <--- ah i see~

But it would be for the players to add this mod themselves. If I rip the codes and implement in this mod, we will have a mod conflict~

SpaceDorf

Nope it's a .dll you can include similiar to HugsLib, KapKavern did the same for the Animal Overhaul. Works like a charm

And how you fooled me with your signature .. how can you write Slaves3.0 in there and not have it published yet ..
( where is that torch and pitchfork smiley .. *grmbl* )

WalkingProblem

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 11, 2017, 04:46:54 PM
Nope it's a .dll you can include similiar to HugsLib, KapKavern did the same for the Animal Overhaul. Works like a charm

And how you fooled me with your signature .. how can you write Slaves3.0 in there and not have it published yet ..
( where is that torch and pitchfork smiley .. *grmbl* )

Nah, I dun want to add the dll. Its not part of my game design (and it "breaks the game").

It works fine without work slaves being caravan animals. =P

----

RimSlaves 3.0 is under development.

Sneak peak:

SpaceDorf