[A17.1533] Animal getting tamed won't cancel map exit

Started by ShadowTani, May 09, 2017, 08:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowTani

I had this scenario where my base got assaulted by a group of manhunting husky's. After the fight I treated some of the injured dogs with the aim of recruiting them afterwards. However, as the dogs started starving out in the wild they would begin exiting the map. One of the dogs was however tamed at this time.

Possible bug/undesirable behavior: I would have expected the husky to then cancel their current movement and remain on the map, but it instead proceeded to exit the map. Not even assigning it to a restricted zone helped. >_<;

Calahan

ison

Can you reproduce this issue? I couldn't reproduce it, so it seems that it only happens under rare circumstances.

ShadowTani

I'm sure it's a rare issue because it will only happen if the animal is tamed while on their way to exit the map, it's a bummer when it happens though, lol. But yes, I got the save just before it happens and it will be reproduced every time the husky is successfully tamed.

I've added a save to this post that loads the game the moment just before the husky is about to get tamed; for testing convenience I put the handlers animal skill to 20 as it gives a chance of 44% vs the 18% she had with her original skill level of 7 - the outcome on success is the same irregardless of skill level though.

Note: In my original play of this game I had it happen with a different husky from the same group that attacked, but unfortunately don't got the save right after the husky attack anymore so can only provide you with this test save I made after experiencing this bug.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

ZorbaTHut

Thanks for the reproduction savegame; we're on it!