Unplayable

Started by bootywax, May 10, 2017, 04:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bootywax

Game is by far the best game I have ever played. I'm just sick of restarting bases because once I get to a certain point everything just stutters. Like it seems like it pauses goes pauses goes. Not really fps I guess. The only fixes I found for late game lag is erasing pawns or w.e, but I love trading with people and recruiting visitors. What can I do because I am at wits end, and I am tired of restarting a base every two days just for that base building feeling. Any help much appreciated. I have 16 gigs of ram and gtx 1080. I know its not my computer. There is not a game on the market I can not run on max settings.

DariusWolfe

There's a mod (or two) out there that helps clean up bloated save files, but I can't seem to remember what it was called, or who made it; Searching through the last 7 pages of mod release threads didn't find it, either. Chances are good one of these might help you.

khearn

DariusWolfe

That's one, and the other (by Zhentar, and the one I was looking for specifically) is linked in the same thread a few posts down.

milon

You could also post your log file, mod list, full system specs, & operating system. There may be a bug that we can help you sort out. See my sig for info on finding the​ log file.

Canute

More RAM doesn't help the game, since it is a 32bit application.

I guess it is more a mod conflict/error thing. Except you recruit any possible pawn and got 50+ pawn's at your colony.
Then ofcourse the game slows down special when you the fastest gameplay.

But like milion mention, without these info's noone can say anything special about it.
If you got hugslib mod installed, just upload the log and post the link you got here.

ReZpawner

Enable dev mode. Find out what's causing the error messages to pile up. (That's the only thing I've ever seen causing to slow the game down to a crawl).

vampiresoap

Quote from: khearn on May 10, 2017, 04:34:31 PM
The mod you're thinking of is "[A16]RuntimeGC In-Game Cleaner"

Oh man, this mod corrupted my save...download at your own risk ;P

PotatoeTater

Quote from: vampiresoap on May 11, 2017, 04:59:09 AM

IDK man, I've been using it with my 40+ mod game since it came out, and I added it to an already started save. I haven't had any problems at all and experienced a great performance increase. 15 years in baby!
Life is Strange

grrizo

My veredict? Too many puppies... too many mods, I mean!
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.

vampiresoap

Quote from: PotatoeTater on May 11, 2017, 09:27:35 AM
Quote from: vampiresoap on May 11, 2017, 04:59:09 AM

IDK man, I've been using it with my 40+ mod game since it came out, and I added it to an already started save. I haven't had any problems at all and experienced a great performance increase. 15 years in baby!

My save was fine at first, but when I started the game again the next day it got pretty bad. I could still load the save but all the non-founder colonists have disappeared and everything in the base have been cleaned out. I think it definitely has something to do with the "clear out unnecessary character and stuff" functions. It must've cleared out everything important by mistake. This never happened before I used this mod. So seriously, for those of you considering this, make a backup save before you try this.

Wizzy

Interesting ill try this, i usually get a drop each in game morning where teh pawns stutter for a minute then its okay again untill the next morning.

Patrykq

Lag with a pc like that? Damn. Thanks to my potato CPU I'll probably never have half the size of the monster bases I see people make. I'm yet to get to that point, but given performance in many other games I'm probably right.  :'(

Vxsote

I saw a big performance hit with stuttering like you describe when I had a bunch of animals (200+ chickens) and then built a fully enclosed perimeter wall at a significant distance from the central area of my colony.  It seemed like some giant path-finding disaster was occurring.  Deconstructing one segment of wall so that the perimeter wasn't sealed fixed the issue.

I've been meaning to write up a proper bug report and send a demo save, but I haven't yet :/

vampiresoap

Quote from: Vxsote on May 12, 2017, 04:42:44 PM
I saw a big performance hit with stuttering like you describe when I had a bunch of animals (200+ chickens) and then built a fully enclosed perimeter wall at a significant distance from the central area of my colony.  It seemed like some giant path-finding disaster was occurring.  Deconstructing one segment of wall so that the perimeter wasn't sealed fixed the issue.

I've been meaning to write up a proper bug report and send a demo save, but I haven't yet :/

That could really be the problem. As soon as I got rid of all my animals, my game went back to normal ;)