[A17.1533]No mood boost for attending party

Started by SavyDreams, May 10, 2017, 09:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SavyDreams

My psychopath has thrown two parties now (... which is just strange), all 4 colonist attended, yet no one has gotten the mood boost from attending a party either time.

ShadowTani

Not able to reproduce using the development tools on a psychophat pawn on .1534, everyone got the attended party buff for me. Might there have been some other conditions having caused this?

And don't confuse anti-social behavior with introversion. ;3 A psychopath being a party-lion isn't any more uncommon than it is for the average person. Anti-social tendencies doesn't mean the person shy away from social engagement, but that the person lack conscience and empathetic capabilities such as putting themselves in another individuals situation and often sees others as objects that are either of personal benefit or an obstacle.

SavyDreams

According to the wiki, the psychopath trait character "feels no mood boost from socializing" which is why I found it odd they'd throw the party, but I didn't think that part of it was a bug. 

I am unsure if there could have been other factors. The room is awful, but it was just as awful for the wedding that took place earlier which made everyone happy?

Rimrue

Did everyone go back to work before the party ended? I have had that happen with my night shift crew when a day shift colonist throws the party. They will attend the party for a while but always go back to work before it ends and don't get the mood buff. :/

SavyDreams

Quote from: Rimrue on May 10, 2017, 11:41:37 PM
Did everyone go back to work before the party ended? I have had that happen with my night shift crew when a day shift colonist throws the party. They will attend the party for a while but always go back to work before it ends and don't get the mood buff. :/

On the second party, they definitely did.  :/  So it's all or nothing?  Thanks for the response!

Tynan

Do we have a confirmed bug here? Are characters leaving parties early and missing the mood boost? Why are they leaving? Too tired?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

SavyDreams

No clue why they left.  Everyone simply started working again.  I thought the party had ended until I got an alert a bit later that it actually had.  No one went to bed.  Everyone was definitely "attending party" and then they simply were not. 

Mehni

Do you schedule pawns to Work in the Restrict schedule (besides Joy and Sleep)?

Darth Fool

I have seen pawns leave a party early to go to sleep since it was in their restrict schedule (and presumably they were tired).  I didn't think it was a bug, although it was a bit annoying when the whole party was canceled because the guy throwing it went to bed...

Rimrue

In my case, my nightworkers attended the party during their joy hour, then went back to work when their schedule changed to work. The party would end about an hour after they went back to work. If I changed their schedules to add another hour of joy when the party started and before they went back to work, they would stay at the party. I should mention this was in A16. I haven't had any parties in A17 yet to test if it is still the same.

I had one party that went till 2 am and all the pawns stayed up till the end, no matter how tired they were. Lol It just seems to be the switch from joy to work that triggers them leaving.

I thought it was working as intended so never reported it.

Hope that helps!

ison

ZorbaTHut

Can you post a savegame with a bugged party, or at least, a savegame from the colony with the party problems?

Tynan

I think a more robust way to do this would be to check every 600 ticks during a party.

If there is no attended party thought, add one with a low "strength".

If the thought exists, "strengthen" it, up to a maximum, and reset the expiry timer.

This way, they get credit for time spent partying.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Panzer

I have people leaving parties and not getting the mood boost all the time, from what I can gather it either happens because joy reached 100% before the party is over or there is designated work time (yellow) in the schedule, not too certain about this though.

EDIT: It is the designated work time, people start leaving or dont attend at all when their schedule is set to work.