Pause-able build ques?

Started by daft73, April 21, 2014, 03:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daft73

I'm a fan of the old game Evil Genius, one thing that game had that I think may fit the bill here would be the ability to do a layout of your build idea, walls, furniture, ect..

In EG, you could plop something down, or a whole layout and it would simply be a design till you gave the order to build it. A generic example below.

What do the rest of you think?
Is this even possible?
Has it been considered?

DaPieGuy

I really wish that this was in the game. I was thinking it would work using a priority system or the forbidden/not forbidden system which both would be better than continuously telling a colonist to finish a building

SlimeCrusher

Yea, this could be useful! Sometimes im building a room in one go (Not walls and floors first, then furniture, all in one go) and i find frustrating that my colonists build a plant pot, a comms console, or another unpassable building, BEFORE actually building the walls, and then i have to de-construct the building and do the walls... Maybe having by default, walls and flooring first, and then furniture?

keylocke

i think that's been suggested here before.

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2578.0

and then the devs came up with the "planning" order, which is fine and nifty i guess..
but yea, i still think that the ability to pause construction orders would be very useful too.

SlimeCrusher

Quote from: keylocke on April 21, 2014, 07:38:48 PM
i think that's been suggested here before.

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2578.0

and then the devs came up with the "planning" order, which is fine and nifty i guess..
but yea, i still think that the ability to pause construction orders would be very useful too.

I think his idea is actually building in order, not a planning feature
Like building a solar panel first, then a battery, then a conduit, and finnaly the room for example

daft73

I agree the 'planning' aspect is being implemented, the ability to pause construction would be a nice addition. ;)