Atlas textures formatting?

Started by Kilroy232, April 21, 2014, 06:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilroy232

Modified the Mineral_Atlas texture so that the spots in the rock are blue (for crystal, I am just trying some different stuff) but in game the rock with crystal in it does not connect to each other properly.

Wondering if it is a formatting issue and hope someone can tell me what the proper format for the .png file is or if I need to be using a different file format altogether

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Architect

Unity flips the textures strangely for the atlas textures, I can't remember why or what part of the code causes the issue, but I can remember it does. :P

I think you basically need to flip your texture vertically and it should work... though failing that put it back to the original and then flip it horizontally, one of the ways should work. If it doesn't then it means you have another far more complicated issue which I know nothing about XD
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Cala13er

Quote from: Architect on April 22, 2014, 04:42:00 AM
Unity flips the textures strangely for the atlas textures, I can't remember why or what part of the code causes the issue, but I can remember it does. :P

I think you basically need to flip your texture vertically and it should work... though failing that put it back to the original and then flip it horizontally, one of the ways should work. If it doesn't then it means you have another far more complicated issue which I know nothing about XD

When I was doing the copper and titanium,  I had to flip it once both vertically and horizontal. I think that was the case, I think you're right with the once vertically. But unsure.

Architect

Quote from: Cala13er on April 22, 2014, 05:34:08 AM
Quote from: Architect on April 22, 2014, 04:42:00 AM

When I was doing the copper and titanium,  I had to flip it once both vertically and horizontal. I think that was the case, I think you're right with the once vertically. But unsure.

Yeah, just keep flipping it 'till it works basically XD

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Kilroy232

Thanks guys, I was actually tempted to just PM you two but I figured I would share this as I could not find a thread on it

EDIT: Just so anyone with the same issue is wondering you can fix the issue by flipping the texture once vertically

Architect

Quote from: Kilroy232 on April 22, 2014, 11:51:07 AM
Thanks guys, I was actually tempted to just PM you two but I figured I would share this as I could not find a thread on it

EDIT: Just so anyone with the same issue is wondering you can fix the issue by flipping the texture once vertically

Ooh, does that mean we have become the go to guys when Darker and Tynan aren't around? :P

Kilroy232

Quote from: Architect on April 22, 2014, 12:21:19 PM

Ooh, does that mean we have become the go to guys when Darker and Tynan aren't around? :P

I have take to both of you a fair amount and I know that you are both knowledgeable, I won't go as far as to say anything other then that :P

Cala13er

Quote from: Architect on April 22, 2014, 12:21:19 PM

Well I didn't see that coming, if anything. I'd say you are the go to guy. :P