[A17] Legs!

Started by tiltos, May 13, 2017, 02:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiltos

Legs!

This mod Adds the highly, highly controversial appendages that are legs! As pawns now have legs it makes sense that they also have bums  ;D This will now mean that pants (or the lack of) are visible on your pawns. If you have an anti-leg philosophy then best you don't download the mod. I also added a little more detail to pawn bodies for added character - I consider it a good way to empathise with their need for clothes.

A nice addition to this mod is Clutter - Misc by MFROA, which adds hands: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17610.0

P.S. I have no intention of animating legs, I just wanted to play around with creating a texture mod  8)

If you are for some reason offended by tiny, pixellated bums, consider this mod NSFW. Considering in-game you can enslave people and harvest their organs, I'd consider re-evaluating what makes you prudish.

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=924641287
Direct Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bjgw41imshr2xmm/Rimworld_Legs_A17.zip?dl=0

[spoiler]

[spoiler]

Licence: Creative Commons - free use with credit.

Fluffy (l2032)

Hah, awesome. Very unsettling to see legs on pawns, but great job nonetheless :D

======
Please add a license - any license, it's good to have clarity.

sidfu

can we get a direct download for us who prefer manual install?

Canute

Or remove the thread if you want it for steam only ! :-)

tiltos

Sure thing Sidfu, updated the post.

Parsival

would this work with non-Vanilla pants?

tiltos

Quote from: Parsival on May 13, 2017, 04:36:09 AM
would this work with non-Vanilla pants?

It depends. I've got a feeling not. It won't work for Apparello's pants without a compatibility patch. Where are your non-vanilla pants from?

Orpheus

You can, in theory, make the sprite change to reflect lost, wooden or bionic legs.  I don't know how the code works, but if you have a look at the Corruption mod over on the Unfinished board, it includes a Pawn Rendering patch which enables bionics and other implants to be visibly displayed on the pawn.
I'm not sure if you'd want to do this, since it might involve quite a bit of work with complex code, but I just thought I'd put it out there because, inevitably, at some point somebody is going to ask "Can your mod display peg legs properly?"

tiltos

Thanks Orpheus. I was thinking the trouble might be that the legs are part of the default body, and I haven't seen anything that masks over the top (hiding the default body rather than sitting over it). I'll have a look into the Corruption mod though. It'll be cool to get all that extra visible. I could totally see and overlay of bionics, it'd be the removal of the existing leg area of the body texture that'll be the most challenging.

A Friend

This makes me uncomfortable. But I can just imagine them on rollerskates now. Neato!
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

beeeboop

Orpheus

Quote from: tiltos on May 13, 2017, 11:00:25 PM
...the legs are part of the default body, and I haven't seen anything that masks over the top...it'd be the removal of the existing leg area of the body texture that'll be the most challenging.
Without experimenting I'm not sure, but couldn't you run a check on each pawn to see if they actually have two legs, then proceed based on the result of that check?  So if they have two organic legs, do what this mod does currently.  If they have a bionic leg, overlay it on top.  If they have a peg-leg or only one leg, suppress this mod's functioning in their specific case, use the vanilla sprite instead of showing legs - but then overlay an appropriate image on top.
It does make the code quite a bit more complicated, though (separate filtering for presence and type of left and right legs, updating when they get implants)

Fluffy (l2032)

tiltos, please add a license. It's one of the few rules there are for mods posted here, and it helps you and other modders get clarity on what they are and are not allowed to do with your code & artwork.

Also, never skip leg day!

Shinzy

Sparkles' pants are so adorable :p
I can almost see it in my head how they look trying to waddle around with those widdly piddly stubby legs

Belgrath

Lovley mod. Are you working on A17 version?
I'd love to test the A17 version if you have one
I love testing things and watching them break   :P
Sure I'll test it for you!
"Are you a Wizard^^ Belgrath?"
"maybe..."