[Mod Idea]

Started by Rousel, April 21, 2014, 10:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rousel

Hello there! When playing the game I've come up with a idea or two!

Non-conductive metal walls -

The use of this as now that I'm using the mod (Power Switches) I'm liking the whole.. wiring side of it, but I want to isolate places with out having to build a whole bunch of switches.

Conductive metal floor tiles -

As it says on the tin, conductive floor tiles, the wires under the tiles, of course.

Modular Hydroponics -

The current Hydroponics are big and clunky and not the best for building to design and I think it would be awesome to have a single hydroponic table 1x1 and then group them up in a way I'd like.

Built in battery lights / Bio-chemical lights -

With this I was thinking that when I'm mining, I don't want to have to wheel out a whole load of wire to then power a single light, so why not build a light with say a 20WD power supply from the get go and costs 25-35 Metal?

*Edit spelling.

Delta_Com

Quote from: Rousel on April 21, 2014, 10:52:21 PM
Built in battery lights / Bio-chemical lights -

With this I was thinking that when I'm mining, I don't want to have to wheel out a whole load of wire to then power a single light, so why not build a light with say a 20WD power supply from the get go and costs 25-35 Metal?
I think I have something here: Potato Power!
I'm already working n it, and when it is done, I'll post it over on the mods page
Edit: Here it is: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3251.msg30572#msg30572

Rousel

Hahaha, that texture made me laugh.

Sounds good! So it produces 1.WD?

iame6162013

Quote from: Rousel on April 21, 2014, 10:52:21 PM
Conductive metal floor tiles -

As it says on the tin, conductive floor tiles, the wires under the tiles, of course.

wait a moment u got something there, could i use it in my mod? (well it is a mod idea so normally yes)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Rousel

Feel free and then hit me in the face with a big old slap in the face link.

And seems as you're a modder, I was thinking, people are making lots of mods that aren't really compatible.

*Cough* Betterpower+ and IndustrialRIM.*Cough*

So I think it'd be awesome if some one just made single mods per .rar and then give a link for it in a bundle, but at least the options for single assets means I can pick the items / functions that work together and avoid shared assets.

iame6162013

Yes i do agree about many little mods from one author :)

What u want a link go to MinE soon... today or tomorrow then it will be there
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Rousel

Nice - So what is Mine? I've looked at it but I see no definitive description. 

iame6162013

Quote from: Rousel on April 22, 2014, 03:09:13 PM
Nice - So what is Mine? I've looked at it but I see no definitive description. 
it's my main mod where i work on hints the tag on the bottom ;)
i have a Really  bad version of wires out http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3257.0
that kind off was your request :P
(only a few bugs on a few items = everything has something wrong)

Rousel

Oh - and I'm great thanks! How about you? :D