The active Kickstarter projects discussion thread.

Started by LobsterSundew, October 21, 2013, 02:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LobsterSundew

Welcome, this is a thread about discussing crowdfunding news and projects on Kickstarter and IndieGoGo.

Seen a great looking project just launch? Have you recently backed a campaign and want to talk about it? Is there a project in its last hours that needs help because it is almost at its goal? Post about it here.
A backer of over 600 crowdfunding campaigns.

vincentcutillas

Thanks LobsterSundew for the thread! :)

I would like everybody that love dogs to have a look at this project (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/keepitclean/bravery-loyalty-goods)

I love trekking, camping and mountaineering, and I would love to do all these activities with my next dog (most likely a Malamute). This project is a new design for a dog harness. Please let me know what are your thoughts on this kickstarter project.

LobsterSundew

These discussion threads appear in many forums for kickstarted games. It reduces the mess of having a different thread for each noteworthy Kickstarter campaign that launches and this type of thread becomes a small part of the ecosystem for how future campaigns get some early exposure.

An action sidescroller that launched today was Viktor. The demo shows off an interesting dash mechanic that works through solid objects in the environment. I also like the spider boss and the animations overall.

Another recent project with a demo and interesting looking bossfight is the ARPG Unsworn. The art assets are making good use of the low polygon count since the game is targeting Android devices as well as PC, Mac and Linux.

Gazz

Except for it's 3D-ness there are similarities in the open world and exploration aspects.
...with an emphasis on physics-based gameplay and puzzles.

There's a playable alpha / demo, too.

Cornerstone

LobsterSundew

Just $1,500 more in the next 12 hours for Cornerstone to reach its goal. I've been confident it would since the October 22nd surge in new backers.

Some big news is that the SEC wants to create new crowdfunding regulations. Don't panic when you see how strict some of the regulations are because the announcement is more about equity crowdfunding which is not what Kickstarter currently does.

FORCED has finally been released on Steam. That was a Kickstarter campaign I backed with a special underdog story behind it.

Confederate Express is a permadeath game about delivering packages during a zombie outbreak. The sprites are well done and one of its features is a special lighting system.

Dropsy has relaunched. If you like surreal adventure games then take a look. The original campaign in 2011 was the 4th project I ever backed through Kickstarter. The second campaign almost made 50% of its goal. It is an example of how a rebooted campaign can get a big surge in momentum on the first day when backers return.

Another interesting adventure game is Night in the Woods. I enjoyed the music in the project's video and the animation also looks very good.

Jakadasnake

Quote from: Gazz on October 25, 2013, 09:13:06 AM
Except for it's 3D-ness there are similarities in the open world and exploration aspects.
...with an emphasis on physics-based gameplay and puzzles.

There's a playable alpha / demo, too.

Cornerstone

Great find! I'm constantly scouting for new games to cover for the site I'm partnered with, so this is really helpful.

LobsterSundew

A 3D action adventure game called The Girl and the Robot launched today. I think it has very impressive art and 3D action adventure isn't a common genre to see on Kickstarter. If you like Ghibli films then take a look. I remember it from Screenshot Saturday #133.

Dragula

Viktor looks really cool, reminds me a lot of the good old Abuse. Really like the look of Unsworn too, definitely gonna get the demo when i'm home.

Too much interesting indie games  :-\
It's a good thing, for my wallet, that i have no credit card.

Browsing Kickstarter i came across Dwarven Delve. A puzzle/action game.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/205899120/dwarven-delve-an-action-dungeon-crawl-with-a-twist
Looks interesting. Solving puzzles is fun and dwarves are awesome :)

AspenShadow

I'll preface by saying I really don't usually do this sort of stuff, even Rimworld backing was a carefully measured decision, but this project has my full support and with only 5 days left to go $2500 left it could REALLY use some support.

Done with my shameless plug, hoping to spread it across the web,
AspenShadow signing out.

LobsterSundew

There is a 2D stealth game called Paradise Lost: First Contact with players controling an alien plant-like lifeform. I like the details put into its pixel art.

Sam Sweetmilk has relaunched. It is a sci-fi animated comedy that already has a voiced animatic for the first episode that I found funny. Kevin McNally voices the robot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8FU011cjKs

The first Sam Sweetmilk campaign was mentioned by Frederator (A studio known for Adventure Time) which also has its own Kickstarter campaign running called Bee and PuppyCat.

For news there is the 5,000,000 backers milestone achieved for Kickstarter.

LobsterSundew

Sci-fi/horror game STASIS feels like one of the highest potential campaigns of 2013. It evokes both a strong atmosphere and a sense of nostalgia for classic isometric PC games. A playable demo is also out.

A fun looking Contra-like game with 2D physics and co-op multiplayer is Bullet Bros. Good music samples and the level graphics are also impressive with good parallax effects.

Produno

How about The Mandate? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1964463742/the-mandate

They need a little help in reaching their target. Looks like it may have good potential and its a type of game ive been looking forward to a long time (since the first xcom) yet no ones ever made one.

GC13

Yeah, I've been eagerly watching The Mandate. I really hope they get funded, but I have a sneaking suspicion they have a fallback plan. They've put too much work into it to just pack up and go home.

SharpKris

Think Confederate express should be getting more attention, sadly the developers seem to be lacking the motive to advertise their game more (youtubers maybe?), they could really take some tips from Rimworld

Dragula

Stasis does look good.

Bloom is looking pretty cool too. Love the concept art and the visual of the gameplay.

Another one looking funky but not sure what to think of it is Dyscourse.