[A17.1536] Sound randomly cutting out for periods of time

Started by Noobshock, May 14, 2017, 10:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noobshock

in the current build my sound keeps cutting off for seemingly random periods of time (both music and sound effects) then coming back on whenever I do something, but I can't figure out what's causing it to go off or back on.

really breaks immersion :(

Moderator's edit (Calahan) - This was originally posted in the A17 feedback thread. I split the post off, gave it an appropriate title, and moved it to bugs because it is a bug report and not feedback.

GiantSpaceHamster

Quote from: Noobshock on May 14, 2017, 10:15:58 AM
in the current build my sound keeps cutting off for seemingly random periods of time (both music and sound effects) then coming back on whenever I do something, but I can't figure out what's causing it to go off or back on.

really breaks immersion :(

I am having this problem as well, but only for the music. It's like after every track finishes it waits a while before starting the next one.

ison

Could you please upload a logfile? How long are the periods without sound?

Has anyone else experiened similar issues?

QuoteI am having this problem as well, but only for the music. It's like after every track finishes it waits a while before starting the next one.

It's working as intended. A new song doesn't have to start immediately after the previous one ends.

Tynan

Sounds cutting is a pretty old and low-level issue (as in, something we can't touch since Unity handles that).

Hopefully will be fixed by a Unity update in A18.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog