Joy from travel

Started by ShadowTani, May 14, 2017, 05:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowTani

One of the frustrations with caravans at the moment is how every pawn end up entirely devoid of joy during travels. So I want to suggest giving pawns their own type of joy from traveling, like adventure joy or something for being able to see new places and scenery, with a tolerance that is increased rather slowly (to be able to maintain joy for a few days).

An interesting addition to this could be to throw in two new type of traits:

• A trait for pawns who feel the need to travel. Example: they get a mood bonus while and for a few days after traveling, which become a mood penalty when it runs dry (feels the need to get back on the road), they also don't develop a tolerance for adventure joy.
  • A trait for pawns that prefer to be at home. Example: they don't get any joy from traveling (so the pawn will essentially behave like what every pawn atm is behaving).

Rimrue

Good suggestion. The traits could be Wanderlust and Homebody. :)

MoronicCinamun

These are pretty neat actually. I was just thinking today it would be cool if you could bring the likes of horeshoe pins with you on caravan, and they could maybe get an hour in during their usual "resting" time, this way they aren't constantly at 0 joy.

I don't think these would be mutually exclusive, but I do like the traits a lot.

Neotic

interesting idea but would pawns with the jogger traits get joy as well?
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

ShadowTani

Quote from: Neotic on May 22, 2017, 09:42:42 PM
interesting idea but would pawns with the jogger traits get joy as well?

Rimworld already doesn't nitpick on such details in regards to other traits (hence why neurotics are also considered lazy by hard working pawns), so I would assume if it was the default, then yes. Personally I also don't see why a jogger wouldn't be able to enjoy the scenery despite moving forward at a faster phase.

SpaceDorf

This sounds like a good Idea.

I would add some items that create joy while away.

Something like Books, writing a Journal or portable radios, tv's or hand-held consoles.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.