[A11]Extra Research Tables (1.7)

Started by Kirid, April 22, 2014, 08:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirid

Extra Research Tables

Description:
Adds 2 new research tables of different sizes and textures. A computer console and a chemistry desk.
Functions the same as a normal research table.

This now only includes the research console, which overwrites vanilla research bench.
Due to changes in code, 'extra' tables have been made impossible (as far as I can tell)

Screenshots:

*chemistry set not included

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in game.

Notes:
Chemistry table texture by mrofa!
I give my permission to include this in any modpacks. Contact me if you plan to use or alter the code or art. Please give me credit in either case.

Change Log:
1.0- Added.
1.1- New texture for chemistry table, top-down.
       Changed shadows.
1.2- Updated and altered code for Alpha5
       Still works for Alpha 6
1.3- Updated for Alpha 7
1.4- Updated for Alpha 8
1.5- Updated for Alpha 9
1.6- Updated for Alpha 10
      Removed chemistry bench
      Now overwrites vanilla bench
1.7- Updated for Alpha 11

[attachment deleted due to age]
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

Evul

Kirid

Quote from: Evul on April 22, 2014, 08:07:30 AM
nice!
Heh thanks :D I would've let E-furniture have this, but it felt like a stand-alone mod.

Evul

Yeah, E-Furniture are more of a decorative mod :)

Kirid

Updated! An awesome new texture by mrofa! The chemistry table is now more top-down rather than 2.5d, to better fit rimworld.

Vas

I often wondered when the research table might get a better texture cause right now it kinda sucks.  :P  This is awesome though.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Plasmatic

Do they work at the same time? :) as in can you have one colonist at each table and research would go faster? (assuming they all have equal skill)

3x as fast would be OP..

daft73

Quote from: Plasmatic on April 25, 2014, 01:43:17 PM...
3x as fast would be OP..
Yes sir indeed, overpowered. Thanks for the new texture! ;D

Kirid

Quote from: Plasmatic on April 25, 2014, 01:43:17 PM
Do they work at the same time? :) as in can you have one colonist at each table and research would go faster? (assuming they all have equal skill)
3x as fast would be OP..
Yeah, I'm pretty sure multiple researchers at different tables stack, like you could have 6 of the little computer consoles, and they would all work if you had colonist assigned(x6 the research speed). I may be wrong, but I thought the vanilla research tables function that way too.

daft73

Quote from: Plasmatic on April 25, 2014, 01:43:17 PM

3x as fast would be OP..
Well now that I re-read that you mean stacking research tables(sorry, mind on my young little 15 yr old grasshopper and his highschoolnightmare), If you have the extra colonists and tables it's not so op...

mrofa

Damn it looks so wierd in game, i think it need to be redone again
All i do is clutter all around.

StorymasterQ

If there are >1 Research Tables (vanilla game or mod) and all of them are manned, will all of them generate research points towards the current research?

On a second note, will we ever be able to work more than 1 research at a time (probably not)? And will we ever be able to deny researching a particular research without the appropriate research table?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Kirid

Quote from: StorymasterQ on April 27, 2014, 10:40:48 PM
If there are >1 Research Tables (vanilla game or mod) and all of them are manned, will all of them generate research points towards the current research?
On a second note, will we ever be able to work more than 1 research at a time (probably not)? And will we ever be able to deny researching a particular research without the appropriate research table?
Yes multiple researchers works. I tested it. Couldn't find any limit in the code.
The next 2 question I don't know, but I wish.

It would be cool to make these researched, which unlocks further research, but I wouldn't know how to make the table  required. These tables are almost identical to the original, just changed size and texture, to avoid choosing one over the other for any reason than how it looks. I use both from the mod, but that original is a clunker  ;D

I think it would be cool to be able to research at worktables, or research tables can also do bills. So colonists can do chemistry at the chem table as well as research. Research food upgrades at the cookstove or research trade at the comms console. Maybe even create sellable research pages to trade. It might overlap with tasks, but I get tired of selling my research table 1/4 through a game be nice if they had other uses. Maybe turn research into a bill?

mrofa

Hmm well when i poke thrugh better power code or maybe it was industrial rim, i saw a line that used research to define what drill will be used, so if you had research done you would be drilling longer. Basicly if specified research is done , the table itself could become the a crafting table. But thats just my theory.
All i do is clutter all around.

PilotBhav04

Would be nice if each research table is used for different type of researches especially with the vast amount of other mods that require you to research first before you can build.