[A11]Extra Research Tables (1.7)

Started by Kirid, April 22, 2014, 08:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrofa

I dont think we can do that normal way, atleast not yet.
Only way that coms to my mind is via crafting table, but this is still trick.
All i do is clutter all around.

Kirid

Updated for Alpha 5!
More updates to my mods coming.

I like to keep this a free-standing mods, just because some people might just want a different texture for research tables.
But it would be awesome to add functionality if anyone has specific ideas about how difficult altering the way things are currently researched, or wants to add compatibilty.
Making a certain table be required built for certain research unlocks, and adding prerequisites to vanilla tech.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

IWannaChaos

Nice mod. I especially like the research computer.

Kirid

No code changes. Alpha 5 version works with Alpha 6 so no need to redownload.

neilson99

Kirid

daft73

Britich

Some reason the download keeps corrupting for me, keeps saying "corrupted header" anyone else getting this issue?
(not British)

skullywag

op needs to reupload the server move screwed up file uploads.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Kirid

Kirid

Updated! Report any issues. Mostly untested in Alpha 8 (Though nothing really changed). Mod is starting to feel a bit dated. I feel adding more research tables or adding function needs doing.

ZehAngrySwede

Pulling a 404 when I try to download.

EDIT: Getting this issue with other attached files from other mods as well.

Kirid

Updated/Altered for Alpha 10!
I could make two separate versions, one for the chemistry bench and one for the console, but I don't really want to. I'd rather not juggle this mod like I do the small paste dispensers. Multiple downloads or multiple files in the one download seems like it would be confusing, and I don't want to put any giant disclaimers on this post directing people to the correct way to install.
The problem is the same with the paste dispensers mod. Unless it overwrites the vanilla bench colonists won't use it. I'm guessing the job/work drivers are specifically looking for a defname of ResearchBench. It's near impossible to fix since the AI code goes so deep, it's directly linked to the entire research system.
Enjoy :) Please report any issues or concerns.

Saularian

Quote from: Kirid on April 15, 2015, 06:17:32 PM
Updated/Altered for Alpha 10!
The problem is the same with the paste dispensers mod. Unless it overwrites the vanilla bench colonists won't use it. I'm guessing the job/work drivers are specifically looking for a defname of ResearchBench.

Yep, ran into the same problem on this one, but think I found the culprit, I'll try to create a workaround for it (shouldn't be too hard I guess, but could be mistaken  ::) )
public class WorkGiver_Researcher : WorkGiver
{
    // Methods
    public override bool HasJobOnThing(Pawn pawn, Thing t)
    {
        if (t.def != ThingDefOf.ResearchBench)

mrofa

Wierd the bench i got in clutter works as research table, colonist use it, even use it when i got vanilia table to. They just choose whichever is closer.
Also you can delete the info about me making it to replace vanilia table, wont do it :D
All i do is clutter all around.