[A16] Expanded Woodworking (Updated: 2017-02-20)

Started by Qwynn, February 10, 2017, 08:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Please don't post steam only realeases !
Add the mod archive to your posting as attachment at last.

Spaceman

Quote from: Canute on July 21, 2017, 03:11:42 AM
Please don't post steam only realeases !
Add the mod archive to your posting as attachment at last.

I will understand that for the future. Thank you! I have edited my previous post to include Github links where you can get the source code in addition to the mod to put in your mod folder.

XeoNovaDan

@Spaceman Thanks for updating this great mod, and for including a GitHub link. Us Direct Downloaders shall praise you!

Spaceman

I am working on updating this to the Beta 18 release and will create a new thread (unless directed otherwise) when ready. Any suggestions or comments about such or the mod are appreciated.

Topper

this is a great mod..thanks for keeping it updated! Maybe a green color for cactus wood?

Topper

How's it coming spaceman ? For me at least it wouldnt be the end of the world if all the new swamp trees were just regular brown. I dont enjoy the swamp so I just need the colors for Boreal really.

Spaceman

Quote from: Topper on November 28, 2017, 10:35:14 PM
How's it coming spaceman ? For me at least it wouldnt be the end of the world if all the new swamp trees were just regular brown. I dont enjoy the swamp so I just need the colors for Boreal really.

I've updated the base mod, Expanded Woodworking, and am currently working on finishing up the separate Vegetable Garden (VG) patch. If the base mod is all you want, I have uploaded it here. Although, there may be another update for it with finishing up for Vegetable Garden. If you can hold out a few (guessing 1-4) more days, I should have both updated and working together. I consider the initial release of the base more of a "looking for feedback and not sure if another new save will be needed once VG patch is completed" release while I continue steaming ahead with VG. I recommend reading through the change log if you decide to use it.

Topper

great thanks! I'll give it a whirl and let you know what I think

Topper

hmm so i'm not fond of the new color palette..The old woodworking colors were shades of brown. It seems you've moved the colors to more of a fleshy spectrum. My building look like they are made of apple cores and hymen :) I'm guessing you were going for a processed wood look?

Spaceman

All the colors should be the same as they were. I didn't change any except birch, which I made a very little lighter (although I can't tell if it even is different from before within the game). I did make a tiny error with the initial release for mixed lumber; accidentally when messing with the colors for maple, copied the RGB values onto mixed lumber as well. This was fixed in the latest release (as a result of the VGP patch release for B18 too) by changing it back to the original values, if this is what you talking about. I was going to post about the update with the new release thread, but decided to give more time for feedback for beginning a new thread.

Now, if you are talking about the palm, maple, and cypress, I can explain those choices. The palm came directly from VG since black palm was removed within it. It uses the same sealed reference and color, just a cut and paste for me. Figured some might be unhappy if their only black wood disappeared given its uniqueness. Maple came from the same red maple reference used in VG, except using the sanded version instead of the sealed which is used in VG. They're both red maples (because of the leaf color) in the game. Cypress came from this reference. I used the sanded version here as well, because the sealed was very similar to some of the other woods used already. I still wasn't happy about the color for cypress, though, since there is a small discrepancy with how the values look outside the game and inside the game. Messed around with variations of the color for around 1-2 hours and just settled on one which was semi-close.

I'll post a new release thread soon. Finishing up patches for other mods users asked about. Also, have a new woodworking table graphic that is virtually identical, but more accurately changes color with the wood type used to build it and differentiates between the foot powered and electricity powered tables.

But yeah, let me know more specifically what you mean since I haven't changed any besides birch and the somewhat new woods introduced with the new non-modded trees in B18.

Edit: Oh, drago was the other one introduced. I tried to be a little creative by mixing the blood-like resin and the natural wood color of the dragon tree (which drago trees in game seem to very much resemble). I found no reference like the others for this type of wood, so let me know if my try at creativity fell flat my face.