[A17] Rue's Tribal Essentials and mini mods (Tribal stuff, Poker, Packed Lunch)

Started by Rimrue, May 15, 2017, 06:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rimrue

Sorry, I don't have an A16 version of Tribal Essentials. However, you could install the A16 versions of my three tribal mods plus the individual mods I added (most have A16 versions). Hope that helps! :)

XeoNovaDan

This really adds a lot of depth and character to the tribal aspect of RimWorld, and some of the mods included here should definitely be part of the base game. Tribes in vanilla feel pretty lacklustre as they stand because there are very few tribal objects - although I guess that's down to the lore being more outlandish-centric than neolithic.

Madpizzaboy

are the tribal planet dropbox link updated? because im having problem with the crashed ship event.also i have a question do mechanoid raid happen in tribal planet mod ?

Rimrue

Thanks, XeoNovaDan! :)

Madpizzaboy, Aarrghh! Forgot to update Dropbox again. Sorry. :(

There should be no mechanoid raids in Tribal Planet. I removed the mechanoid faction entirely.

Rimrue

I've updated the Dropbox file. Please note: you will need the Humanoid Alien Framework to run the new version. If you don't have it, you can find it here: https://github.com/erdelf/AlienRaces/releases/

Thanks!

Napple

Would it be okay if you have all of your tribal stuff in their own tab in the architect list.

Rimrue

Not sure what the benefit of that is. I'd be putting everything from furniture to joy objects into the same category. :/

Napple

Quote from: Rimrue on May 31, 2017, 04:47:38 PM
Not sure what the benefit of that is. I'd be putting everything from furniture to joy objects into the same category. :/
Didn't think about that. Maybe you could have some sort of research tribals already start with to reduce clutter from other mods if that is okay with you.

Orpheus

Quote from: Rimrue on May 30, 2017, 04:01:44 PM
I've updated the Dropbox file. Please note: you will need the Humanoid Alien Framework to run the new version. If you don't have it, you can find it here: https://github.com/erdelf/AlienRaces/releases/

Thanks!

Two questions:  Why do I need it?  And is there a way to get around this requirement?  (I use Children and Pregnancy, which is not currently compatible with Humanoid Aliens)

Rimrue

Hi Orpheus,

This is just for the Tribal Planet or Tribal Raiders mod.

The reason it's necessary is because I needed a vehicle to add backstories to the game. I had a choice between Rainbeau's Editable Backstories or Humanoid Alien Framework. I opted for the latter as I figured more people would already have it installed.

Unfortunately, as you noted HAF is not compatible with Children and Pregnancy. However, Rainbeau's Editable Backstories (either Regular or Lite) is. So I've since created versions of Tribal Raiders and Tribal Planet that is compatible with it.

You can find Tribal Planet REB version in my Dropbox here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zrxe5ecxd9c3k5/Tribal%20Planet%20REB%20Version.zip?dl=0

You can find Tribal Raiders REB version in my Dropbox here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sp56kquxz6nmddg/TribalRaiders%20REB%20Version.zip?dl=0

Be sure to install/subscribe to Rainbeau's Editable Backstories (either Regular or Lite) before running either mod.

Thanks!

Rimrue

Tribal Essentials now has earthen mounds.  More protection than rock chunks, but not as much as sandbags. Constructable on diggable terrain.

Rei-No

Ok, I have a Harmony.log.txt up on my desktop that is full of idiot Stories and trait changes to character that is full of error.  I don't like the looks of this story changer very much after I read thru it, because it was strange looking so I opened it with an editior to be safe. from i doing harm to my computer. but geez. its really into gays.  I don't mind playing one once in a while but every other line had to do with that choice its a little over the top I'd say. where do I send it.

Rimrue

Hi Rei-No. I'm not sure I understand what the trouble is. I'm guessing this is to do with Tribal Raiders or Tribal Planet? None of my backstories mention the gay trait. It's either from the vanilla game or Rainbeau's Editable Backstories if you installed it instead of the Humanoid Alien Framework. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Orpheus