[A17] Rue's Tribal Essentials and mini mods (Tribal stuff, Poker, Packed Lunch)

Started by Rimrue, May 15, 2017, 06:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Funny enough I started my game with the "tribal essentials" exactly by adding them to the research ..

But only because I started as industrials, as far as I know Tribals get the research automatically.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Rimrue

Yes, as SpaceDorf says, Tribal Starts get the research unlocked automatically. Otherwise, you should be able to add it with the Start With Research in the Scenario Editor.

Riael

Kinda... not a tribal thing but could you add the psychoid tea at either the cooking table or the drugs lab as well?

Campfires running out are annoying.

rditto48801

I love Tribal Essentials, it's an awesome mod.
Even handy for giving a slight 'improvised' or a 'use what we have' or  otherwise rustic feel to even a normal colony start.

I have a few comments/questions.

For starters, I have several mods that alter cotton plants, so they drop 'raw' cotton that has to then be made into cloth.
Would it be possible to have the Woven Hat and Woven Cloak to be made out of such 'raw' forms of cotton?

The mods in question
T's Expanded Cloth and Vegetable Garden: Cotton Fibre, item name RawCotton
Skullywags Extended Fabric: Cotton Boll, item name CottonBoll

Second, the I have noticed a mild compatability issue with the mod Stuffified Construction by Sixdd.
It changes the default wood to Synthwood, and makes trees drop their own specific wood. Synthwood Trees do not grow in nature, they are unlocked via research after Hydroponics. Which causes issues keeping it on hand once the initial supply runs out.
Since you already have a lot of stuff made using Woody stuff, can you have stuff like the Smokepit and Tribal Lore Fire also use Woody for cost, and allow them and the Stoneoven to use Woody for their fuel?
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

Oblitus

Quote from: rditto48801 on August 12, 2017, 06:18:11 AM
Second, the I have noticed a mild compatability issue with the mod Stuffified Construction by Sixdd.
It changes the default wood to Synthwood, and makes trees drop their own specific wood. Synthwood Trees do not grow in nature, they are unlocked via research after Hydroponics. Which causes issues keeping it on hand once the initial supply runs out.
Since you already have a lot of stuff made using Woody stuff, can you have stuff like the Smokepit and Tribal Lore Fire also use Woody for cost, and allow them and the Stoneoven to use Woody for their fuel?
Woody does not warranty that it is an actual wood. Apinni wax or my carbon composite are woody too, since they can be used to construct whatever you may build with wood. But you probably won't want to use them as fuel.

rditto48801

Quote from: Oblitus on August 12, 2017, 06:25:46 AM
Quote from: rditto48801 on August 12, 2017, 06:18:11 AM
Woody does not warranty that it is an actual wood. Apinni wax or my carbon composite are woody too, since they can be used to construct whatever you may build with wood. But you probably won't want to use them as fuel.

Ah, I did not know that.
I noticed other stuff could be made from different woods and using different woods as fuel, like campfires and torches, but didn't notice them using stuff like the beeswax for construction or fuel, and I am presently playing an Apini hive/colony.
I'm guessing it's something else to do with Stuffified Construction's side of things that I missed when trying to figure things out.
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

Hydromancerx

@Rimrue
I don't really want to maintain my Primitive Floors mod anymore. I wondered if you would like to add it to this mod. I think it would go well with it. You my my permission to use obviously.

Supercheese

I was wondering, is there any disadvantage to using a Buchering Spot instead of a full Butcher's Table, or similarly with a Stone Chipping Spot over a Stonecutter's Bench? I noticed definitively that the Researching Spot had a lower research speed modifier than a basic Researching Bench, but I did not immediately notice any disadvantages to some of the other primitive crafting spots.

CrazyNord

Hello.

I get this error when launching a game while using tribal essentials. Game is playable and no errors in-game, i think just some conflict between T-Morefloors mod

maybe it is useful for someone to know, maybe something to fix :)

Wanderer_joins

Great mod, i'm enjoying it playing semi-nomadic tribals!

I'm using spots only for production, but for the crafting spot, if you want to make spears you've no the slider for the material. It may be by design that you can only craft wooden spears at a crafting spot, but you have the slider when you make shivs.

maculator

Kori

And what about Tribal Essentials + CE?
Why does the description list weapons (Spear, Great Bow, Pila) that are already in vanilla? Are they altered in some way so that they technically count as new weapons, making it incompatible with CE?

Kastuk

Yay, much more authenticity!
Really want tribal tents and camping stuff for natural nomad tribe!
But then mountable animals too.

How to discern types of craft spots?

patoka

OMG THIS IS THE COOLEST SET OF MODS EVER
i would love to play them but unfortunately i dont really like content mods :/ either it's vanilla or it doesnt exist (for me)
i really hope all of this will get implemented into vanilla asap, as i only play qol mods

thumbs up, like, retweet, take whatever you want, this sounds kickass
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?