[B18] Visible Pants! (22nd Jan 2018)

Started by XeoNovaDan, May 15, 2017, 06:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
This mod achieves its purpose via XML patch, so it'll work fine with most other mods that alter Apparel_Pants.

There have been reported performance issues when using 'Visible Pants' alongside Scuba156's 'Verify Start' mod. This mod's only an XML patch with a few textures, and I don't know enough C# to do Assembly modding, so there's nothing I can do to fix that.

Will conflict with 'Legs!' and Apparello. If loaded after Apparello, this mod will override that one.

Downloads
GitHub
Steam

Like this mod? Check out my other mods here!

Overview
A very small mod, actually snipped from Vindar's Medieval Times with permission, which makes it so that pants are finally visible on your colonists, that pesky group of visitors which eat all of your food supplies, and that horde of angry pirates who want nothing more than to kill off your ludeonicrous chicken farm and steal all of your eggs! Yes, you can finally see the beautiful combination that is yorkieskin pants contrasted against a beaverskin t-shirt, and a pink cloth jacket!

Purely cosmetic - this post serves more as a discussion board than anything... I guess to post screenshots of your colonists' amazing clothing!

Sometimes, pants graphics won't load on pawns if they have a shirt; just have that pawn remove their shirt, and put it back on, and that'll fix the issue. Sadly, the same thing can't be done for NPCs, so they'll have to wait...

As always, if you like (or dislike) this mod, you're welcome to leave some feedback! With the way that Ludeon Forums works, a post will effectively mean that more people can hear about this mod and enjoy it too - whereas they might not've been able to because they would've never heard of it.

Credits
Vindar for allowing me to publicise this mod - as this is a direct snip from the visible pants aspect of his fantastic, massive work; that is Medieval Times!
Marnador for their RimWorld-style font.

License
This mod may be included in mod packs, providing that you give credit to Vindar for this particular aspect of his Medieval Times mod as that is the original work. (This is correct, right?) No deriving, as this is a derivative itself.

XeoNovaDan

Update: A17 version of this now uses the XML patching structure recommended by NoImageAvailable as opposed to the one shown in Zhentar's examples - as the latter apparently can cause massive performance loss.

NIA's post: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32874.0

Shinzy

Zhentar'll fix the examples so people can keep using them
But woo! good jerb!

Harry_Dicks

Going to have to check this out tomorrow. I don't think it should be too hard to copy these textures into other mods that need pants textures as well, I hope!

Ruisuki

How would it interact with something like Area Rugs, that allows you to dye clothing? Would it still show?

https://www.nexusmods.com/rimworld/mods/112/?

XeoNovaDan

Ruisuki

Ruisuki

im thinking it is, but is it compatible with b19?

XeoNovaDan

Mhm. I stopped updating these separate threads quite a while ago; it's all in one thread now.