[A17] Cab's mods 13.06.17

Started by Cabdono, May 16, 2017, 03:52:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cabdono

Cabdono's hub of mods and debauchery

I started these for myself and just felt like sharing them, they're pretty simple but they work as they should and are quite useful, in my opinion of course.
As suggested to me before, all the mods in here are subject to the license at the bottom.
More info on each mod's page.
Enjoy.

Beat the meat v1.1
Small mod that adds 4 types of craftable meat to save space in your freezers.

Mining bot v1.0
Tiny mods that uses the great Base Robots by Arcane_Chill to add a robot that mines stuff, including quarries. As simple as that.

Apologies if the formatting is weird, making the thread from my phone.

koni

Very nice, this is what I finally want to see!
But how is it with human meat? If sausages and co. are just ingredients than there wouldn't be come negative mood to colonists who ate human sausage meals?

AngleWyrm

My latest attempt at a caravan revealed rather a lot of food does not get counted as food for the purposes of caravan sustenance. Things like apples, peaches, smoked meat, salted meat, and a variety of other mod item foods.

Please give some consideration to making it so the caravan load-out recognizes it as food. Maybe that's hard and why other mods don't, or maybe they just missed something.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Cabdono

Quote from: koni on May 16, 2017, 05:21:08 AM
Very nice, this is what I finally want to see!
But how is it with human meat? If sausages and co. are just ingredients than there wouldn't be come negative mood to colonists who ate human sausage meals?

That's the beauty of it, it's not just a chunk(literally) of meat ripped from an animal or person anymore, if you're talking about the sausages, that means is ground and (for the sake of roleplay)  spiced, you wouldn't know what kind of meat is used in the sausages and/or hotdogs you're eating.

Quote from: AngleWyrm on May 16, 2017, 06:03:47 AM

My latest attempt at a caravan revealed rather a lot of food does not get counted as food for the purposes of caravan sustenance. Things like apples, peaches, smoked meat, salted meat, and a variety of other mod item foods.

Please give some consideration to making it so the caravan load-out recognizes it as food. Maybe that's hard and why other mods don't, or maybe they just missed something.

I'll look into it, but mind that this is my first mod as simple as it can be, not much experience before that other than modifying other mods for my taste and personal use, but will definitely try!

Cabdono

Beat The Meat

Do you enjoy hunting everything that moves but your giant walk in freezer gets full of stacks and stacks of meat from different animals?
Well, now you can fill it with stacks of bacon, or steaks, even fish if you want a healthy diet, or maybe sausages if you feel the need for food and innuendos.

I made this for myself yesterday and I thought someone else might have the same storage issue as I so here it is.

This mod lets you turn all your different kinds of meat into sausages, steaks, bacon(pork&turkey only) or fish fillets at the butcher table.
They have twice as much nutrition (0.1) than regular meat, but also takes 2 to make one piece and can be used normally in any kind of meals.

If you're still running out of space you can neatly package all your quality meat and store them more efficiently.
This can be done at the butcher table or crafting spot.

Since the recipes take any kind of raw meat, it's up to you what kind you use for each.
This mod is aimed to ease storage issues, as a QoL improvement or for roleplay.

Thanks to sera13 for the box texture &  Walking Problem for moral support. :)

15.06.17 v1.1.1 Fixed unpack sausage recipe needing 75 boxes.
13.06.17 v1.1 Added packaged meat, stores 75*75 pieces of meat per stack.

AngleWyrm

Glad to hear it works as portable food.

Here's a link to the github version of Tammabannana's smokepit & jerky mod item definition, if you're looking for variables to tweak.

Cabdono

Quote from: AngleWyrm on May 16, 2017, 11:01:56 PM
Glad to hear it works as portable food.

Here's a link to the github version of Tammabannana's smokepit & jerky mod item definition, if you're looking for variables to tweak.

Thanks, good reference material is always good to have, but I'm a bit confused, since my stuff still being raw meat just like any other wouldn't really be a good idea to take on a caravan as an actual meal, even pemmican would be a better choice.

AngleWyrm

koni

Suggestion for balance: Maybe human meat shouldn't be allowed for steaks and sausages give an negative mood when eaten, like "ate suspicious meal, it could be everything includet"

Cabdono

Mining bot

Thanks to Arcane_Chill and his Base Robots I present you my mining robot.
It's a fast moving fast fast picking bot
If it has nothing to mine it may haul for you too.
You can craft it's station at the machining table

The Base comes with a very handy Robots tab to locate and restrict robots according to your preferences and areas.

Also supports the great Quarry by CuproPanda! 

Download

A17 v1.0

REQUIRES BASE ROBOTS TO BE INSTALLED BEFORE/ABOVE THIS MOD

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Cabdono

I'm afraid not, at least for a while, recently moved so no Internet yet, I've been doing everything by phone and a friendly neighbor's wifi lol.

SpasticRabbit

MEHOY NEHOY
        -Doodlebob

Cabdono

Updated Beat The Meat

Added packaged meat, improves the storage space even further by storing 75*75 pieces of meat
(craft 75 pieces at the butcher table or crafting spot, needs uncrafting to use the stored meat.)

Cabdono

Updated to 1.1.1, fixing the unpacking sausage recipe needing 75 packs for 1 sausage..