Any tips on leveling up colonists' skills?

Started by vampiresoap, May 16, 2017, 10:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vampiresoap

I know that you can construct and then deconstruct graves to improve the construction skill, and shooting at indestructible objects like the sleeping spot will improve the shooting skill. What else did you guys come up with? ;)

NinjaDiscoJew

Social- Prisioner's level up Social skill quite a bit.
Medicine- Not many ways to level it up, installing bionics, euthanizing wild animals.
Taming- Tame animals with low chance of them attacking, then sell them, or let them graze for their by-products.

All the other ones are pretty straight forward on how to level them up.

ReZpawner

Shooting can be leveled up with fun activities such as horseshoes and billiards. Hunting is probably the best way to do it though.

Medicine is leveled by treating wounds in addition to what NinjaDiscoJew said, so rescue any and all wounded people you can. You can always murder them never know what happens in prison afterwards though, sometimes accidents happen.

Research/Intelligence can be leveled by playing chess and using the telescope

Crafting is from crafting stuff. Note: Not drugs or blocks of stone anymore. (tailoring and smithing also increases crafting).

Juan el Demgrafo

I believe that horseshoes and billiards don't level up shooting anymore. Hunting and shooting at sleeping spots is probably best.
If there is a raider who I rescued but is too terrible to recruit, I will install peglegs and a denture and release them so they will weaken the pirates whilst giving massive improvements to my surgeons.
Simply tame and train animals.
Stone cutting actually does still improve crafting in A16.
240 hours on Steam of this 2017-7-23.

Quote from: Shurp on July 29, 2016, 06:30:22 PM
...tell her to go stand in the corner of her bedroom, and beat her when she tires of it.

I really need to finish researching beer.

Canute

Punch/shoot prisoner half death once a day, then patch them up without medicne.

RyanRim

Quote from: Canute on May 18, 2017, 02:58:28 AM
Sounds like soviet russia, ay.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Awe

Moderator's edit (Calahan) - The following five posts in the this thread were split off from the A17 feedback thread. Please can you avoid having off-topic discussions in the feedback thread. Thank you.

Quote from: alexdgreat on May 18, 2017, 06:59:47 AM
How do I must to level up Crafting in cheap way in such conditions?
Making hundreds of shoddy t-shirts, and wooden swords is wasted resources and time

Make dusters. At powered off, placed outside tailoring bench. Also bad temperature help to make process slower and cheaper. ^.^ At 10 skill switch to components crafting.

alexdgreat

QuoteMake dusters. At powered off, placed outside tailoring bench. Also bad temperature help to make process slower and cheaper.
And with one arm amputated, and second is "simple prosthetic"?  ;)

roben

Quote from: alexdgreat on May 18, 2017, 07:49:47 AM
QuoteMake dusters. At powered off, placed outside tailoring bench. Also bad temperature help to make process slower and cheaper.

Maybe also inducing some blood loss to reduce consciousness. (This will so be deleted, but it still has a point)

Awe

Quote from: alexdgreat on May 18, 2017, 07:49:47 AM

Only if you have some spare bionic hands. But seems like body part replacements a bit rare in a17. :( For ~year of game time got only 2 hands and 1 eye.

Rah

QuoteOnly if you have some spare bionic hands. But seems like body part replacements a bit rare in a17. :( For ~year of game time got only 2 hands and 1 eye.

That's normal. For only 1 year, 3 bionic parts is actually pretty good in vanilla.

vampiresoap

Quote from: RyanRim on May 18, 2017, 03:24:06 AM

Haha you can also imprison one of your useless colonists to do this ;)

Canute

You could but you are geting a global mood penalty for imprison a pawn.

RyanRim

Quote from: vampiresoap on May 18, 2017, 10:15:46 AM
Quote from: RyanRim on May 18, 2017, 03:24:06 AM

Haha you can also imprison one of your useless colonists to do this ;)

Yeah "Too much horseshoes for you, comrade"

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯