[1.1] SimpleSidearms (1.4.0)

Started by PeteTimesSix, May 16, 2017, 04:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 02, 2018, 01:08:58 AM
Quote from: Canute on March 01, 2018, 03:56:14 AM
Dang, i realy should read the whole forum before i start Rimworld, now i need another restart to update Simplesidearms.
You have to start another game to update the mod??
I have to restart Rimworld so the new def's are loaded after i update the mod.
But i don't need a new colony.

henk

I love this mod, however, I am having issues with secondary weapon missing during caravan rides, making raids impossible.

Muffalo Wool

Quote from: wwWraith on March 01, 2018, 11:06:38 AM
As Pete is here again, I have an old problem. While my colonists are able to equip sidearms as expected, in A17 the raiders/visitors/whatever were spawned with only shivs as sidearms. In B18, they spawn with no sidearms at all. I've tried many settings including "enable all without any limits". I'm afraid there could be more than 1 mod conflicting so the other info could be useful.
My problem as well. At least high level pirates should get proper guns/melee weapons for sidearms rather than crappy shivs. I would like to see a few elite raiders with longswords or snipers with pistols/smgs.

Vlad0mi3r

With caravans the side arms go into the caravan inventory. they don't disappear but they are no longer equipped as side arms in the event of say an ambush. You can still get them dropped from wherever they ended up but it is a bit of micro to get it sorted.

On another note this mod is the best for giving those important combat options. Lots of my pawns are now packing grenades to help take care of mechanoids super fast.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

zuaresoft

A BUG: You cant drop a chunk with [Pick and Haul] and [SimpleSideArms], pls somebody know how can i fix it?

Exception filling tab RimWorld.ITab_Pawn_Gear: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at SimpleSidearms.intercepts.ITab_Pawn_Gear_InterfaceDrop_Prefix.InterfaceDrop (RimWorld.ITab_Pawn_Gear,Verse.Thing) <0x00041>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.ITab_Pawn_Gear.InterfaceDrop_Patch3 (object,Verse.Thing) <0x00022>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.ITab_Pawn_Gear.DrawThingRow_Patch0 (object,single&,single,Verse.Thing,bool) <0x00394>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.ITab_Pawn_Gear.FillTab_Patch0 (object) <0x00aae>
at Verse.InspectTabBase/<DoTabGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 () <0x000e3>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32)
Verse.<DoTabGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0()
Verse.ImmediateWindow:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Mehni

Turns out the GitHub release doesn't contain a recompiled version of the dll or something. Steam version works fine.

In the interim I've attached the Steam version of the dll to this post, for those having trouble.

[attachment deleted due to age]

zuaresoft

Quote from: Mehni on April 17, 2018, 01:36:46 PM
Turns out the GitHub release doesn't contain a recompiled version of the dll or something. Steam version works fine.

In the interim I've attached the Steam version of the dll to this post, for those having trouble.
SOLVED!! thanks Mehni!

HellFir3

I have a problem with melee . When the character is attacked in melee, he removes the firearm and switches to hand combat, though cold weapon are in the inventory. I found a reason why my characters didn't change weapons . Did not work this mod because  colonists were created using mod EdB Prepare Carefully . Other characters that have been recruited normally change weapons. Can you fix this mistake, please? Mod is very necessary , but works for half  :'(

Canute

HellFir3,
thats an old know problem.
But i don't think it will get fixed since the mod author is pretty inactive for modding.
Maybe it get fixed at the next release.

orgre45

MZ

Im too lazy to read or even search back if this one has been reported before, but simple sidearms makes the insects of my caves have melee attack seemingly without any cooldown time, just shredding pawns in under a second.

Canute

I don't think that is just this mod, i use it too and i don't notice this so far.

It must be another mod, or a combination.

MZ

well, its possible that its a combination. Im just posting it here because disabling this mod solved the problem.

tobi1449

As a suggestion for another cool feature:
There are mods with weapons (especially melee weapons) that give stat boosts. A feature to check if a pawn has a sidearm that boosts a newly started job and switch to it would be great.
Also, overriding the "hunter lacks ranged weapon" check and switch to a ranged sidearm would also be a nice idea if the hunter in question actually has a ranged weapon as sidearm.

Ruisuki

hello i have a question. the rimsenal mod adds weapons with special effects. a combat blade that improves harvest speed for instance. Am wondering whether this effect applies if its in my inventory as a sidearm instead of equipped as my primary? Because pawn in question is also my hunter and its a pain to deal with the alert 'hunter missing weapon' or switch the worktab each day