[1.1] SimpleSidearms (1.4.0)

Started by PeteTimesSix, May 16, 2017, 04:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Combat wise,
you see a fighter 2 steps ahead on the way to you.
Do you shoulter/holster your range weapon before and then draw your mellee weapon, you might use the range weapon after this.
Or do you just drop the range weapon draw the mellee weapon to parry the incoming attack.

Puting a weapon back should take time, but it doesn't.

PeteTimesSix

Quote from: Datura on December 25, 2018, 12:58:40 PM
-snip highly detailed, non-ambiguous, minimal-case error report-

Hope this helps :)

Why yes it does indeed. Pro-tip to any aspiring modders out there (and future me because apparently I have to re-learn this lesson literally every time): when a new bug crops up after you update your mod, odds are the bug is somewhere in the part of the code you updated, genius.

In this particular case, I can even leave you with a bit of homework, see if you can figure out what the issue is! Go on, I promise its an easy one:
            //avoid hunting stackoverflowexception
            if (pawn.jobs.curJob.def == JobDefOf.Hunt)
                pawn.jobs.EndCurrentJob(JobCondition.InterruptForced, true);

Anyway, this got prompted by rolling in a french translation by Nylux, so direct any death treats regarding the butchery of your wonderful language in that direction, and an upgrade to sidearm reaquiring logic and less leaky caravan bags by alextd, the pull request for which was added in... march... oh dear.

Oh and just so that there's something that *I* have actually done in this update, I put in an extra icon for sidearms in a pawn's inventory that are not in their list of memorised sidearms.

Found at the usual place, and also on Steam if you have a time machine and go a few days into the future. Or if you are *from* the future.
Mods: SimpleSidearms | QOLTweaksPack
Check them out, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

PeteTimesSix

Quote from: YeojaChingu on January 01, 2019, 07:09:07 AM
Just basic question, why there is an option to drop weapon when switch ? Is there a benefit, combat wise to drop the weapon instead moving it to inventory ?
Quote from: Canute on January 01, 2019, 09:36:35 AM
Combat wise,
you see a fighter 2 steps ahead on the way to you.
Do you shoulter/holster your range weapon before and then draw your mellee weapon, you might use the range weapon after this.
Or do you just drop the range weapon draw the mellee weapon to parry the incoming attack.

Puting a weapon back should take time, but it doesn't.
These two posts being able to exist back to back, by the way, is the impossibility of pleasing everyone incarnate.
Mods: SimpleSidearms | QOLTweaksPack
Check them out, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Canute

I didn't wanted that you change anything. I keep it like it is.
Since you made the drop weapon optional, anyone can use it like he want.

KusanagiKuro

I have a strange reaction from my pawns when being attacked in close range. They drop whatever weapon they are holding and instead fight with bare hand (even though I equip them with a melee weapon as sidearm). I tried to check the setting, but nothing help.

TheBlackArrow

Sarge

The latest version v1.3.2 is 468kb but v1.3.1 is 6.08mb. This is confusing (me), which one am I supposed to use?

Ra1612

I think the weapon dropping issue comes from Pick Up And Haul. I don't really know how to test it, so maybe someone can test it? It is really annoying and it's stopping me from using the good mod.

Sixdd

I use this with Pick Up and Haul with weapon dropping disabled and I've had no issues whatsoever.

hsn

use the lightsaber mod. put the lightsaber as side arms and some time they disappear. i put the lightsabers as sidearms in the option but still it happens

Sixdd

In my own experience the lightsabers mod doesn't work well with other inventory type mods. Also the lightsabers require you to toggle them with a button press so they don't work well for autonomous defense/offense anyway.

Lex Silvas

XoXo

SansMasterBudaa :3

This mod dont leave me create a world, it appears a error red saying something about astrynoblablabla event and annoys me because this mod is one of my favorites

Canute

SansMasterBudaa :3,
i don't think it is this mod, it is more one of your other mod at your modlist.
Or many other would report a similar problem too.
Check out if the problem happen if you use the hugslib quickstart function (need dev mode on).
Then you just could disable some mods, and try it again until you found that mod.

SansMasterBudaa :3

Quote from: Canute on March 03, 2019, 03:16:31 AM
SansMasterBudaa :3,
i don't think it is this mod, it is more one of your other mod at your modlist.
Or many other would report a similar problem too.
Check out if the problem happen if you use the hugslib quickstart function (need dev mode on).
Then you just could disable some mods, and try it again until you found that mod.
I just cant understand how this mod makes appears 1 base faction per independent faction   ???

Error in WorldGenStep: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at SimpleSidearms.rimworld.PawnSidearmsGenerator.TryGenerateSidearmsFor (Verse.Pawn) <0x007bd>
at SimpleSidearms.intercepts.PawnGenerator_GenerateGearFor_Postfix.GenerateGearFor (Verse.Pawn,Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x0001c>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateGearFor_Patch3 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x00186>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.TryGenerateNewPawnInternal_Patch1 (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&,string&,bool,bool) <0x00cbc>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateNewPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&) <0x003b0>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateOrRedressPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x007c1>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn_Patch3 (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x000ca>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenerator:GenerateWorld(Single, String, OverallRainfall, OverallTemperature)
Planets_Code.Planets_CreateWorldParams:<CanDoNext>b__0()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()