[1.1] SimpleSidearms (1.4.0)

Started by PeteTimesSix, May 16, 2017, 04:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cabdono

Quote from: NemesisN on May 26, 2017, 10:30:31 AM
I noticed a problem (don't know if I screwed something in options or just mod issue) (alpha 17)

When my colony gets back from caravan Raid (attacking other colony) they place back in stockpile everything they raided + the side arms equipped they had from the start and I need to equip sidearms again which is annoying

Not just raiding, whenever you return from a caravan they unload everything as usual, but that also includes the sidearms.
Other than that, this mod is pretty amazing  :)

DariusWolfe

I would rather you didn't make switching to melee to finish off a downed animal/foe a default. Unless a coup de grace mechanic is introduced, it may take many hits to kill, especially if the hunter isn't good with melee; each hit is a potential chance to dismember the animal, each reducing the amount of meat on the animal. Guns (at least the ones I usually use for hunting, bolt-actions and pistols; shotguns may not be the same in this regard) are less likely to dismember the animal.

NemesisN

Quote from: Cabdono on May 26, 2017, 11:18:32 PM
Quote from: NemesisN on May 26, 2017, 10:30:31 AM
I noticed a problem (don't know if I screwed something in options or just mod issue) (alpha 17)

When my colony gets back from caravan Raid (attacking other colony) they place back in stockpile everything they raided + the side arms equipped they had from the start and I need to equip sidearms again which is annoying

Not just raiding, whenever you return from a caravan they unload everything as usual, but that also includes the sidearms.
Other than that, this mod is pretty amazing  :)

it is but what about the other problem I mentioned when they switch to secondary melee to do melee combat, after the combat they don't switch back to primary so when I get attacked again my colonist bring a knife to a gun fight unless I notice in time and switch manually
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

DariusWolfe

Oi, small 'bug'; The mod doesn't appear to recognize elephant tusks or logs (or thrumbo horns, I suspect; cannot confirm, tho') as available sidearms. I currently have some dudes with tusks, and I can't set these as sidearms.

PeteTimesSix

Quote from: DariusWolfe on May 28, 2017, 02:56:17 PM
Oi, small 'bug'; The mod doesn't appear to recognize elephant tusks or logs (or thrumbo horns, I suspect; cannot confirm, tho') as available sidearms. I currently have some dudes with tusks, and I can't set these as sidearms.
You technically can in that when setting the weight restrictions high enough they will allow for using thrumbo horns, wood, elephant tusks and beer bottles. They just dont show up in the lists, since as is the mod only loads weapons from the actual weapon defs. Ill fix it at some point.

Anyway. Update!

Pawns will now remember which weapon is their primary and will switch back to it once undrafted. They will also remember which weapons they are missing when forced to drop them. This includes dropping their primary weapon due to being downed. Once undrafted or done recovering in the hospital, they will automatically go retrieve them.

Oh, and you can switch to unarmed now. That's also a thing.
Mods: SimpleSidearms | QOLTweaksPack
Check them out, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

DariusWolfe

Good to know. I'll probably just cope with it for now, as I prefer to manually select what is and what is not a sidearm, rather than using weight.

jackarbiter

On latest version, when starting a new colony:

I figure maybe this didn't come up because you tested on an existing colony or summat. Or maybe I've done something wrong.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

Sniper Pilot

Yeah im getting the "Bounce Back" to map generation screen bug, oh well im running heavily modded- shame.

PeteTimesSix

Quote from: jackarbiter on May 31, 2017, 03:28:04 PM

I figure maybe this didn't come up because you tested on an existing colony or summat. Or maybe I've done something wrong.
Whoops. On it.

EDIT: Okay, should be fixed.

kchou94

Nice updates!  The unarmed feature will come in handy.  Now I can get my pawns to knock out animals for medical training without having to manually unarm them.

Could you please explain what the different autoswitch locks do?

PeteTimesSix

Quote from: kchou94 on May 31, 2017, 06:52:37 PM
Nice updates!  The unarmed feature will come in handy.  Now I can get my pawns to knock out animals for medical training without having to manually unarm them.

Could you please explain what the different autoswitch locks do?
There's an image I posted a few pages back... here it is:

(I've added it to the OP)

Basically, the point is that if you want a pawn with a bunch of ranged sidearms to use a specific weapon (like, say, molotovs), you can lock it so the pawn doesnt autoswitch off it.

Pichu0102

Quote from: PeteTimesSix on May 31, 2017, 04:24:17 PM
Quote from: jackarbiter on May 31, 2017, 03:28:04 PM

Whoops. On it.

EDIT: Okay, should be fixed.
Hehe, I like the "Goldfish" name there.

Dr_Zhivago

Looking forward to using this mod!

nedlee

I've always wanted to have something like this in the rimworld. Thanks for the work!

Traditionology

FYI the two links you posted in the Mod Announcements thread are wonky, both link here but only if I delete the %22 from the front and add a : after https

That said, love the work <3