[1.1] SimpleSidearms (1.4.0)

Started by PeteTimesSix, May 16, 2017, 04:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeteTimesSix

Quote from: Traditionology on June 01, 2017, 06:43:30 PM
FYI the two links you posted in the Mod Announcements thread are wonky, both link here but only if I delete the %22 from the front and add a : after https

That said, love the work <3
I AM GOOD AT YOUR INTERNET TUBES NO REALLY *flails incompetently*

Thanks! Fixed it.
Mods: SimpleSidearms | QOLTweaksPack
Check them out, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Umbreon117

First time I tried it with the Fog of War mod: Laggy mess. Restart the save: Fixed lag.

literally the only problem I have had with this mod...And in fairness, it may not even be the mods fault: I play with a fair few mods active. All problems afterwards are just due to my own incompetence.

Thank you for making this mod. I play with a gun mod installed, and this served to scratch that itch so I can properly plan attacks, and properly equip my little suicide soldi-*cough*-I mean colonists.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

klun

Good Mod Thanks!!

Any plan to add some support for melee weapons that require activation: like Lightsabers or something similar ??

Pupun2542

I sent some colonist to settle new colony but when they arrive sidearm all weapon disappeared

Canute

Disappeared completly or did they just unload them and they are on the ground like all the other caravan carried items ?

Pupun2542

Quote from: Canute on June 03, 2017, 02:55:57 AM
Disappeared completly or did they just unload them and they are on the ground like all the other caravan carried items ?

they disappear completely

Pichu0102

I've noticed pawns won't swap to longer range weapons in their inventory if their target goes out of range of their current weapon.

WalkingProblem

Hiyo~

I think this mod causes pawns (including centipedes) to drop their weapon upon getting hit....

Or is this done on purpose in the mod? =x

Canute

On hit ? This mean everytime a bullet or weapon hit, they drop a weapon.
Or on downed, when they are unable to fight anymore. Thats the normal behavior for all pawns. But when Mechanoids drop their weapons too, that is a bug.

Fregrant

Mechanoids do not drop weapon on my current mod configuration, including this one.
But back on previous versions, they dropped weapons, so it should be some another mod.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Fregrant on June 04, 2017, 01:52:12 PM
Mechanoids do not drop weapon on my current mod configuration, including this one.
But back on previous versions, they dropped weapons, so it should be some another mod.

Because once I disabled the mod, this immediately stopped.

Or could it be the mod arrangement? What is the recommended load sequence for this mod?

kchou94

Hello,

Still loving this mod.  Here's a bug I've noticed that ignores the sidearm limits:

1. Set melee and ranged sidearm limits to specific weapons.
2. Fully equip a pawn with a main weapon (larger than sidearm limit, e.g. rifle), ranged sidearm, and melee sidearm.
3. Switch to a sidearm.  The pawn now has their main weapon put in pockets.
4. Order pawn to pick up another weapon as main.
5. Pawn picks up new main weapon and retains prior main weapon (rifle) as a "sidearm.'

Question, how does the mod decide which weapons to auto-switch to?  For example, choosing between two different ranged weapons. 

PeteTimesSix

Quote from: Pichu0102 on June 03, 2017, 06:58:31 AM
I've noticed pawns won't swap to longer range weapons in their inventory if their target goes out of range of their current weapon.

Yeah, that'd require digging a bit deeper into combat AI than I wanted to when I started. I might still do it, but Ill do so carefully to avoid breaking (more) things...

Quote from: Walking Problem on June 04, 2017, 12:21:27 PM
Hiyo~

I think this mod causes pawns (including centipedes) to drop their weapon upon getting hit....

Or is this done on purpose in the mod? =x

Dropping weapons is on purpose, and can be disabled in the mod settings menu.

Centipedes though, are not supposed to be affected. Ive actually fixed that issue before, but apparently reintroduced it when I made pawns consider unarmed attacks as an option. Ill fix it with next release.

Quote from: kchou94 on June 04, 2017, 07:17:47 PM
Hello,

Still loving this mod.  Here's a bug I've noticed that ignores the sidearm limits:

1. Set melee and ranged sidearm limits to specific weapons.
2. Fully equip a pawn with a main weapon (larger than sidearm limit, e.g. rifle), ranged sidearm, and melee sidearm.
3. Switch to a sidearm.  The pawn now has their main weapon put in pockets.
4. Order pawn to pick up another weapon as main.
5. Pawn picks up new main weapon and retains prior main weapon (rifle) as a "sidearm.'

Question, how does the mod decide which weapons to auto-switch to?  For example, choosing between two different ranged weapons.

True. I was aware of this, but decided not to try to prevent it since itd be a headache to deal with, and in any case its an exploit that you only have yourself to blame for if you use it (and if that's what you want to do you can do it with the customization options instead anyway).

Pawns decide on weapons depending on their DPS (accounting for range), modified by the weapon attack speed bias set in the settings.

Quote from: klun on June 02, 2017, 01:10:09 AM
Good Mod Thanks!!

Any plan to add some support for melee weapons that require activation: like Lightsabers or something similar ??
Not at the moment, since there is no such functionality in vanilla Rimworld, so every mod will do it using its own implementation (I'd probably have to write special case handlers for every mod like that out there).

Quote from: Pupun2542 on June 03, 2017, 12:59:20 AM
I sent some colonist to settle new colony but when they arrive sidearm all weapon disappeared
I'm afraid I can't do much about it without something to work with. Ideally, a save file right before it happens.
Mods: SimpleSidearms | QOLTweaksPack
Check them out, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Pupun2542

So I need to send my save file to you right?

kchou94

Still loving this mod!

Is there a way to prevent sidearms from showing up in the caravan trade window?  I've accidentally traded away their sidearms a couple times because their sidearms are counted as inventory.