[1.1] SimpleSidearms (1.4.0)

Started by PeteTimesSix, May 16, 2017, 04:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

There is no Vic

I noticed a possible bug. A visiting caravan was attacked by maneater rats. A few of the caravan guards dropped their rifles when engaged in melee and left them when the caravan left the map.

Pupun2542

Quote from: There is no Vic on June 12, 2017, 06:31:27 AM
I noticed a possible bug. A visiting caravan was attacked by maneater rats. A few of the caravan guards dropped their rifles when engaged in melee and left them when the caravan left the map.

it can disable in mod option

Mercain

Is the mod compatible with Combat Extended?

Fregrant

Quote from: Mercain on June 12, 2017, 10:12:18 AM
Did a quick test once, I think SS functionality is broken in this case.

Mercain

Quote from: Fregrant on June 13, 2017, 03:42:17 AM

Indeed, it's broken. But you can still manually switch. Throwing grenades was never easier!

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Mercain on June 13, 2017, 10:46:10 AM
Quote from: Fregrant on June 13, 2017, 03:42:17 AM

Indeed, it's broken. But you can still manually switch. Throwing grenades was never easier!

So true .. also Rocketeers are no longer helpless after just one shot ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

toric

found an exploit. the mod does not check any sidearms rules when equipping a weapon into the main slot. this means that you can equip a weapon, switch to unarmed combat (putting the weapon you just equipped into your sidarm inventory), and repeat, filling up a pawns inventory beyond thier max carry limit. the worst part is that it is suprisingly easy to do accidentally. not sure how hard a fix may be, as you may have to overwrite the games ewuip weapon logic...

SpaceDorf

Quote from: toric on June 13, 2017, 10:02:53 PM
found an exploit. the mod does not check any sidearms rules when equipping a weapon into the main slot. this means that you can equip a weapon, switch to unarmed combat (putting the weapon you just equipped into your sidarm inventory), and repeat, filling up a pawns inventory beyond thier max carry limit. the worst part is that it is suprisingly easy to do accidentally. not sure how hard a fix may be, as you may have to overwrite the games ewuip weapon logic...

Shut up ! Shut up ! ...
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Dragoon

Quote from: toric on June 13, 2017, 10:02:53 PM

Don't tell the secrets!!!
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

zarathustra_bezbozhnik

Quote from: O Negative on May 17, 2017, 02:24:36 AM
I would like to suggest that you suggest this to be integrated into the core game. A LOT of people would be grateful for it's implementation, and you've already worked your way around Tynan's argument of micromanagement :)

Awesome work!

I second this proposition. It's a great mechanic and it definitely makes much more sense to have a second weapon. And btw, it's not OP, cause having a weapon and having a skill to use it are two different things.

Please, when you're ready, suggest this to be integrated into the core game.

RxSniper007

Hello, i came across your cool mod and Would just like to ask if there is any chance of you making an A16 version of this?

anyway, if its not possible(due to it being optimized for A17 hehe and code shenanigans) then ill just have to sulk in a corner and cry hahaha  XD XD XD :D

Draconicrose

I'm here to second a request to make it so pawns will automatically switch back to ranged. I read the post saying it requires careful digging into combat AI and it would be much appreciated. <3
I have a Rimworld Let's Play for you -> Let's Play Rimworld Playlist

DariusWolfe

My experience is that it's already doing that. My pawns have all switched back to their primary weapon after the melee range attacks have stopped.

I did learn from experience that if you leave a weapon forbidden after a colonist is down, they will *not* reclaim it; There will be a subtle difference in indicator color to show that they *want* to have the weapon, but that it's not equipped, and you won't be able to switch to it. I learned this when my sniper got into a social fight while hunting, got knocked out, and his weapons got left out in the field. I was lucky I recalled the general direction I'd seen them coming from after the fight.

GoldenChimango

Maybe someone asked this already, but how does this work with shield belts? I presume you would be unable to use them if you are switching from meele to range
Or does this deactivate the shield to be able to shoot somehow?

Even if the mod doesn't work with the shields, it is still a must have
Thanks for the amazing work! :D

Canute

The mod just affect handheld items not appearal.
If you hold a mellee weapon by default, the pawn might wear a shielded belt, and when he switch to a ranged weapon he can't use it anymore because of the belt.
Maybe a flickable shieldbelt would be a solution. But that part of further updates.