[1.1] SimpleSidearms (1.4.0)

Started by PeteTimesSix, May 16, 2017, 04:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwWraith

I made my settings thinking about allowing pawns to have no more than 1 melee and/or 1 ranged "light" weapons (2 total) as sidearms, with only shivs allowed for tribals. But I never saw any pawns generated with sidearms other than shiv. What's wrong here?

<SimpleSidearms>
    <ActivePreset>Custom</ActivePreset>
    <CQCAutoSwitch>True</CQCAutoSwitch>
    <RangedCombatAutoSwitch>True</RangedCombatAutoSwitch>
    <RangedCombatAutoSwitchMaxWarmup>0.5</RangedCombatAutoSwitchMaxWarmup>
    <SingleshotAutoSwitch>True</SingleshotAutoSwitch>
    <SpeedSelectionBiasMelee>1.25</SpeedSelectionBiasMelee>
    <SpeedSelectionBiasRanged>1.25</SpeedSelectionBiasRanged>
    <SeparateModes>True</SeparateModes>
    <LimitModeSingle>Selection</LimitModeSingle>
    <LimitModeSingle_Absolute>3.35</LimitModeSingle_Absolute>
    <LimitModeSingle_Selection>MeleeWeapon_Shiv|MeleeWeapon_Knife|MeleeWeapon_Gladius|Gun_Pistol|MeleeWeapon_Mace|Gun_MachinePistol|Weapon_GrenadeEMP|GunRevolver|Gun_FireExtinguisher|Weapon_FoamGrenade</LimitModeSingle_Selection>
    <LimitModeAmount>Slots</LimitModeAmount>
    <LimitModeAmount_Selection>2</LimitModeAmount_Selection>
    <LimitModeSingleMelee>Selection</LimitModeSingleMelee>
    <LimitModeSingleMelee_Selection>MeleeWeapon_Shiv|MeleeWeapon_Knife|MeleeWeapon_Gladius|MeleeWeapon_Mace</LimitModeSingleMelee_Selection>
    <LimitModeAmountMelee>Slots</LimitModeAmountMelee>
    <LimitModeAmountMelee_Selection>1</LimitModeAmountMelee_Selection>
    <LimitModeSingleRanged>Selection</LimitModeSingleRanged>
    <LimitModeSingleRanged_Selection>Gun_Pistol|GunRevolver|Gun_MachinePistol|Weapon_GrenadeEMP|Weapon_FoamGrenade|Gun_FireExtinguisher|Laser_Pistol|ROM_Gun_Revolver|ROM_Gun_Flaregun|Weapon_GrenadeFrag</LimitModeSingleRanged_Selection>
    <LimitModeAmountRanged>Slots</LimitModeAmountRanged>
    <LimitModeAmountRanged_Selection>1</LimitModeAmountRanged_Selection>
    <LimitModeAmountTotal>Slots</LimitModeAmountTotal>
    <LimitModeAmountTotal_Selection>2</LimitModeAmountTotal_Selection>
    <SidearmSpawnChance>0.5</SidearmSpawnChance>
    <SidearmsNeolithicExtension>MeleeWeapon_Shiv</SidearmsNeolithicExtension>
  </SimpleSidearms>
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

KappaccinoNation

Why do one of my pawn always spawn with a heavy weapon (doomsday launcher, rifles, etc) when starting a new colony? I tried putting the spawn chance to 0% but it still happens. Always the same pawn, too.

Chaos17

Hi,

Thank you for this mod, it's really useful and should've been in vanilla game.

SpaceDorf

@PeteTimeSix, creator of one of the most usefull mods here :)

I have a wish concerning the collecting of dropped weapons by their users.
Either a radius setting like bills or a health status setting.

At the moment a pawn that got downed crawls bleeding across the map as soon as he can walk again and tries to collect his stuff. While complaining all the way about it,
instead of waiting till he can walk again or is at least completely treated.

Right .. another possible fix : make the "collect weapons" job lower in priority than bedrest
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

BeoTea

Is there anything that this mod doesn't work with? Such as a mod that includes different bodys, such as the Elder Things from Call of Cthulhu - Elder Things?

SpaceDorf

Oblitus

Quote from: BeoTea on August 17, 2017, 10:13:46 AM
Is there anything that this mod doesn't work with? Such as a mod that includes different bodys, such as the Elder Things from Call of Cthulhu - Elder Things?
Lightsabers. It technically works, but since pawns are too stupid to flick the switch without a command, it only really works with autoswitch disabled.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Oblitus on August 17, 2017, 11:07:42 AM
Quote from: BeoTea on August 17, 2017, 10:13:46 AM
Lightsabers. It technically works, but since pawns are too stupid to flick the switch without a command, it only really works with autoswitch disabled.

A recent post also says that the upcomming werewolf mod has some problems

BeoTea

Thanks, now I've gotta find a reason why SS wont work for me. When I turn it on, the debug menu pops up and there's lots of red. Time to learn what red means.

[email protected]

Don't use this mod with zombieland. My pawns keep going back to collect their weapons = dead pawn. :(

Canute

Just don't let the weapons drop on switch, you can disable it at the mod-option.

Btw. some suggestion.
Weapon switch, when they drop their weapon to switch, keep it like it is.
But when you disable the drop and they need to put it back to the inventory, some animation/delay would be nice as little drawback.

Oblitus

Quote from: Canute on August 20, 2017, 03:34:58 AM
Just don't let the weapons drop on switch, you can disable it at the mod-option.
You can't disable drop when downed.

Canute

I don't think, in this case, that pawn was downed, because the zombies would ate them before he even think to get his weapon back ! :-)

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Canute on August 20, 2017, 06:03:48 AM
I don't think, in this case, that pawn was downed, because the zombies would ate them before he even think to get his weapon back ! :-)

Not when somebody saved the pawn.
I reported this too.
Rescued Pawns jump out of bed as soon as they are able to walk and try to get their weapons back.
The only ways to prevent this is either :
Keep the Weapons forbidden .. letting them rot outside in the rain .. the hell I will do that ..
Or remove the weapons from the pawns memory .. which sucks, because now I have to collect the correct loadout again ..

Oblitus

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 20, 2017, 09:01:51 AM
Quote from: Canute on August 20, 2017, 06:03:48 AM

Not when somebody saved the pawn.
I reported this too.
Rescued Pawns jump out of bed as soon as they are able to walk and try to get their weapons back.
The only ways to prevent this is either :
Keep the Weapons forbidden .. letting them rot outside in the rain .. the hell I will do that ..
Or remove the weapons from the pawns memory .. which sucks, because now I have to collect the correct loadout again ..
Or:
- Use mod to make your animals actually haul
- Unforbid it
- Your pawn will pick it up from safe warehouse instead of walking into zombie horde