[1.1] SimpleSidearms (1.4.0)

Started by PeteTimesSix, May 16, 2017, 04:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AzharNoordin

Quote from: SpaceDorf on December 01, 2017, 06:13:27 AM
In the mod settings.

Can you teach me how?? i just use the preset and don't know shit about this stuff  ;D

SpaceDorf

Not this weekend, since I don't get home.

But you could watch the animated gif in the first post, which shows the mod menu quite well.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Zookes

This is very sad and strange, but after installing SimpleSidearms and getting some of my colonists outfitted with extra weapons, I'm noticing some very significant CPU overhead for every haul and stockpile task my colonist pawns do - enough that the game stutters and sometimes hangs for a few seconds any time a colonist hauls something.

I can't pin-point where the conflict lies with one of the many mods I have installed (because I don't know how! I can post a mod list if anyone wants to investigate), but animals performing hauling tasks don't cause these peaks and uninstalling SimpleSidearms definitely relieves the issue.

I had traded out Weapon Storage - after safely removing the necessary Things before-hand, of course - but I hate to revert as I'm in love with the automatic switching feature! Maybe it just wasn't meant to be?

Perhaps my joyous hodge-podge of mods, lazily arranged into a ramshackle tower of no-doubt incomprehensible pain and sadness for the game executable might finally have achieved the threshold of "NO MORE PLEASE".

kamuii

This mod is nice but I really dislike how every time something gets into melee my pawns drop all their ranged weapons on the ground. Is there any way to stop it from doing this?

Canute

Take a look at the mod option, you can disable the drop on ground.

sevrun

ok, got a quick question.  My pawns aren't swapping to melee weapons in melee, they're dropping their rifles fine but not drawing their swords.  Using default settings and this is the only mod I have that touches pawn inventory.  My guys are good at melee, but shouldn't be doing more damage with their bare hands than a plasteel gladius... right?

kamuii

Quote from: Canute on December 02, 2017, 02:52:23 AM
Take a look at the mod option, you can disable the drop on ground.
Ah I must have scrolled past the option. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Modo44

I am using a mod that adds tools equipped as weapons (Right Tool Rebalanced). Because of it, some pawns are carrying tools while also having ranged weapons in their inventory. This messes with hunting-related mechanics, and is ignored when drafting pawns.

I'm looking for some automation/QoL here:

• Would it be possible to make designated hunters auto-switch to ranged weapons when it's time to go hunting?
  • Can the "Hunter has no ranged weapon" warning be disabled when a hunter has one, but has something else currently equipped?
  • Could pawns auto-switch to a designated weapon when drafted (essentially to unequip tools without another click).

AzharNoordin

Anybody figure out how to made them attack with sword instead of their range weapons? i try messing with the speed bias option but no luck

asquirrel

My guys don't switch to their melee weapons when attacked.  The enemy knocks their ranged weapons out of their hands.  Then they just punch the enemy instead of using their melee weapon.  Both boxes are green. 

MasterBabble

I too am having the pawns not switching to their melee weapons problem, they just switch to unarmed melee.
I have tried changing the melee weapon speed bias from 0.1 to 100, and many values in between. I haven't thoroughly tested the slider in dev mode or anything, just pushing it up and down when I remember in game.
Also this slider input is a little weird as I can not input values less then one directly without first copy pasting from the ranged slider's value number that includes the decimal, then selectively adding and deleting digits, being careful to keep a value > 0 after the decimal or else the decimal disappears. This isn't a huge problem, however I fear that there may be some problem in the mod actually reading the value in the box that stems from some faulty code surrounding the box input or something. I'm not a coder or anything, so I don't really know, just a huge fan of you modders!

RimDog

Same issue with pawns switching to unarmed instead of melee weapon. :( I mean... I guess I can always switch manually.

BTAxis

Yep, same here. Hoping for a fix in the near future.
"The megasloth ducked behind the nearest piece of cover"

props

Ive noticed that if their melee sidearm is very high tier they will switch to it instead of fists. Things like uranium swords and betapoly shivs (glittlerworld mod material?) But they will ALWAYS choose fists over simple steel/jade shivs or wooden clubs. I wish this wasn't the case and have spent a lot of time messing with the options to resolve this I think its a DPS calculation thing.

Edixo

Just came here to report the same issue with pawns not drawing their weapons.
Nothing says "Home Security" like 50 turrets