[1.1] SimpleSidearms (1.4.0)

Started by PeteTimesSix, May 16, 2017, 04:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kori

Thanks for fixing this evil bug! :)

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 21, 2018, 01:08:43 PM
Also, do you plan on doing an official update of your QOLTweaksPack?

That would be great!

Ruisuki

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 21, 2018, 01:08:43 PM
Nice! Thank you Pete! ;D

Curious, do you know if this will solve any issues that were popping up in the past with Pick Up and Haul?

Also, do you plan on doing an official update of your QOLTweaksPack?
What was the problem with Pick up?

HighDerpLord

Hey there, anyone else has the bug that ur attackspeed is like 2million if u melee attack something. Same goes for my enemies i attack, like megaspiders...

it seems that actually Simple Sidearms causes the problem, i tested a reload without the mod, unfortunatly my interface doesnt work anymore if i delete SImple Sidearms
ty 4 ur help :)

Mehni

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 21, 2018, 05:49:58 PM
What was the problem with Pick up?

It's not an issue with Pick Up and Haul, it's an issue with Simple Sidearms. Pawns can't drop chunks from their inventory. You can replicate this by going on a caravan, picking up a chunk and trying to drop it. It errors, and doesn't drop the chunk.

Pick Up and Haul exposes the issue, but it's Simple Sidearms that causes it.

danthepianist

Quote from: HighDerpLord on February 21, 2018, 06:12:08 PM
Hey there, anyone else has the bug that ur attackspeed is like 2million if u melee attack something. Same goes for my enemies i attack, like megaspiders...

it seems that actually Simple Sidearms causes the problem, i tested a reload without the mod, unfortunatly my interface doesnt work anymore if i delete SImple Sidearms
ty 4 ur help :)

I'm having this issue as well. It basically locks up the pawn forever as far as I can tell. They just keep attacking dozens of times per second even after the enemy is dead, which, due to the ridiculous amount of blows, happens almost instantly. I can order the pawn to move around, but they're unable to do anything but punch. Another interesting note is that they use their fists instead of an equipped melee weapon, which they also become unable to drop.

It didn't happen against raiders, only bugs. Megaspiders, more specifically. 

Kassidoo

It seems the update from alex broke a lot of things, both when doing melee attacks and console being constantly spammed with the game trying to find sidearms to animals around the maps

PeteTimesSix

Hmpf. I knew I should have tested it more thoroughly, but there was Skyrim to be played and, well...

The good news is, Ive ran into that kind of problem before, so I know exactly what to look for. The bad news is, Im currently at work, so even if I were to write a patch right now I couldnt actually compile and upload it until I get home. Gonna have to wait a bit longer, folks.

Until then, you can revert to the earlier version HERE. If someone could drop a link on the mod's steam page I'd appreciate it, I dont actually have access to my steam guard phone either, so I cant log in to my steam account to post it myself.
Mods: SimpleSidearms | QOLTweaksPack
Check them out, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

fsemprini

I already posted your reply along with the link there on Steam. Thanks!

PeteTimesSix

Mods: SimpleSidearms | QOLTweaksPack
Check them out, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Kori

Thank you! :)
Can they also drop chunks now?

HighDerpLord

Hi there, has anyone else a problem with melee weapon to switch to fists after first attack automatically?
i tried some setting changes but didnt quite find the cause of it

https://gyazo.com/edeb14e179e40c126d584f1c89c55a82

got a link, so basically when especially my main pawn attacks with this melee weapon from medievel mod, the first attack triggers as intended but he instantly switches to fists and starts fisting the target. i dont want this behavior and cant cancel it with settings. i tried to at best of my knowledge.

(he has two Power Arms aswell -> Expanded Prosthetics amd Organ Engineering)
weird thing -> other pawns can use weapon without switching

ty for help

Canute

Why shouldn't your pawn his power arms ? They are designed for hugh mellee damage, better then most vanilla weapons.
Why you don't compare the DPS value unarmed and with his mellee weapon.

HighDerpLord

i think i understand the issue now. i kinda like to see him fight with this knife tho. he technically is the Cultlord/Mayor/preacher/sithlord of my community and refuses to fight with knife or lightsaber, i just think its way more accurate to have him fight with one of those even tho his dps might suffer.
is there a way to adjust those values or make him stop switching to the "better" weapon?

Canute

Currently i don't run rimworld, but there are button to lock the weapon switch. The small green/red things left of the weapons.

And there are mod option where you can adjust some things too.
You should take a look.

HighDerpLord

i think i tried every button switch nd option to chnge it, but i didnt find  proper solution unfortuntly