[1.1] SimpleSidearms (1.4.0)

Started by PeteTimesSix, May 16, 2017, 04:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: HighDerpLord on February 22, 2018, 06:38:47 PM
i think i tried every button switch nd option to chnge it, but i didnt find  proper solution unfortuntly

Is this a new issue with the update for you, as in before everything was working properly, or did you just start using the mod?

HighDerpLord

when i started using the mod everything worked fine after trying some options, i basically use settings so i get any limits in using sidearms, i think its called "excessive" preset with "never dropping" weapons.

as far as i know i didnt know any issues with this uncontrollable weaponsswitching. i'd like to have my pawn with advanced power arms + lightsaber + knife from previous GIF, but i just dont manage it to work out. i went dev mode and basically gave him normal pawn hands back so at least he doesnt switch to fistfighting, but he still switches from knife to lightsaber automatically

Uuugggg

Hey I am the Alex TD of melee-swapping goodness.

It calculates dps based on torso armor, considering blunt/sharp weapon type, and equips the best on each attack, so simply attacking or changing targets will equip the preferred weapon.

So, if it changes to unarmed, that's because it calculated higher dps.

> I just think its way more accurate to have him fight with one of those even tho his dps might suffer.

Yeah, this could be an option - especially since SimpleSidearms has so many nice options.

Now, these super-attack megaspiders... Uh, I'll go test that.

Uuugggg

Looks like a fix is up on steam.

Did you know that Centipedes and Scythers have an apparel slot, but animals don't? That doesn't even make sense. Why can't animals wear clothes but robots could?

The good news is - this guy rapidly develops. I've contributed to a few other mods and they haven't got an update in a week. This one was developed, added, released and fixed in three days.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Uuugggg on February 23, 2018, 04:29:54 AM
The good news is - this guy rapidly develops. I've contributed to a few other mods and they haven't got an update in a week. This one was developed, added, released and fixed in three days.

Thanks, Alex! I'm always excited to see more of your kind around here, and your work is much appreciated. ;D

Drglord

Even when the option in the mod options is unchecked pawns with no melee weapons still switch to unarmed combat in melee and you can't even force them to shoot... anyone know how to fix that?

Kassidoo

Quote from: Drglord on February 23, 2018, 12:06:02 PM
Even when the option in the mod options is unchecked pawns with no melee weapons still switch to unarmed combat in melee and you can't even force them to shoot... anyone know how to fix that?

Thats a vanilla feature, heres a mod to prevent it (but it kinda deafeats this mod as pawns doesnt switch anymore in close range) https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38152.0

PeteTimesSix

Heads up, small patch:

-fix to the chunks issue with PickUpAndHaul, courtesy of Mehni
-new setting and AI ability for selecting best melee weapon, courtesy of alextd

At this rate I might have to add a credits section or something.
Mods: SimpleSidearms | QOLTweaksPack
Check them out, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Canute

Dang, i realy should read the whole forum before i start Rimworld, now i need another restart to update Simplesidearms.

Btw. what do you think to add ModSync support ? So people would see faster if a new version is ready.

Tenshi~Akari

Hmm... I just recently updated & during the middle of a manhunter attack, a pawn of mine set to automatically attack on threats was literally "stuck" & invincible when he switched to his melee weapon. (The grizzly bears were indeed landing hits, but he wasn't taking damage on top of doing nothing but standing there. It wasn't until I drafted him that he started back to attacking as normal & got brutalized...)

I checked the error log, but nothing actually came up about anything going wrong while this was happening, red or yellow. Had to restart the save file anyways, but if this happens again, I will surely double-check and post a log to see if I missed anything myself...

Heni

The mod dont work here, my colonist still take only one weapon

Tenshi~Akari

Even when you right click & select "equip (x) as sidearm"?

wwWraith

As Pete is here again, I have an old problem. While my colonists are able to equip sidearms as expected, in A17 the raiders/visitors/whatever were spawned with only shivs as sidearms. In B18, they spawn with no sidearms at all. I've tried many settings including "enable all without any limits". I'm afraid there could be more than 1 mod conflicting so the other info could be useful.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Heni

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on March 01, 2018, 10:44:46 AM
Even when you right click & select "equip (x) as sidearm"?

Yes, i have change the position of the mod to see if is this, but dont work.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Canute on March 01, 2018, 03:56:14 AM
Dang, i realy should read the whole forum before i start Rimworld, now i need another restart to update Simplesidearms.

Btw. what do you think to add ModSync support ? So people would see faster if a new version is ready.
You have to start another game to update the mod??