[1.1] SimpleSidearms (1.4.0)

Started by PeteTimesSix, May 16, 2017, 04:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azakan

Please?

I really want to try B19 soon. ;A;

PeteTimesSix

Have a bootleg version for now.

I dont even know why I cant get myself to do this properly, its not like uploading to github is a time consuming or difficult process

Ill get it done by next monday. Self-imposed deadline, that ought to do it.
Mods: SimpleSidearms | QOLTweaksPack
Check them out, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Azakan

Thank you so very much, I love you.

Gemeciusz

How do you guys manage shield belts?

Currently i just don't use them, but I think I do like them.

Has anyone seen a mod that adds a turn off button for the shields, so a pawn can shoot than change to mellee with simplesidearms and turn on his shieldbelt?

Jake

I don't think so, no. Be really useful though.

ultra4

I use Rah's mega OP shield-armor that lets you shoot  :o

rawrfisher

Pete Do you know how this mod plays with weapon storage?
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Gemeciusz

Quote from: ultra4 on September 19, 2018, 03:44:35 PM
I use Rah's mega OP shield-armor that lets you shoot  :o

But i don't want to shoot out from behind the shield... I have to start begging modders for an on/off switch to shieldbelts i guess :)

DariusWolfe

Glad to hear that this is getting an update. I fell off of playing back when the Unstable build was still cooking along, but I've been missing this mod a LOT, especially after the 1.0 Unstable/B19 changes with melee/ranged combat.

PeteTimesSix

Ha! Its still technically monday! Suck it, inexorable passage of time!

Yeah Ive made no further changes. I figure if there were any major bugs Id have a lot more steam messages clogging up my inbox by now.
Mods: SimpleSidearms | QOLTweaksPack
Check them out, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Jake

The only bug I've noticed so far is that pawns have a tendency to spazz out and repeatedly switch back and forth between weapons if they both have roughly equal optimum range (specifically the Tesla Gun from Rimlaser and a pistol), and the workaround is simply "don't give them a handgun for a sidearm if that happens".

PeterR

Good idea, poor implementation.

So if my pawn uses ranged as main and melee if anyone comes in melee range, I cannot one click to attack anyone with ranged, because it says "out of range" or something. I have to walk up to shooting range manually and then select to shoot with gun manually from the UI.

The UI block this mod adds is also horrible and out of place looking and clutters the otherwise pretty neat default UI.

Customization is nice and it's obvious a lot of work went into this.

What in my mind would be a good implementation of this:

1. Make the UI block a) square not rectangular b) with only 1 large icon like the default UI blocks c) if you click it, it switches to another weapon, so it cycles weapon 1 -> weapon 2 -> weapon 3 -> weapon 1 d) Name it "Switch weapon" and not "Sidearms"

Less is more.

2. If pawn has ranged weapon equipped and you right click on an enemy in draft mode, pawn walks up to maximum range and shoots (same as hunting). So instead of doing 4 clicks and measuring distance or whatever I have to do 1 click.

This would make sense in my opinion.

Even a better implementation would be this: pawn can equip 2 weapons - 1 melee, 1 ranged. Pawn uses ranged by default. If someone engages pawn in melee range he auto switches to melee to defend. Remove all UI completely.

Canute

QuoteEven a better implementation would be this: pawn can equip 2 weapons - 1 melee, 1 ranged. Pawn uses ranged by default. If someone engages pawn in melee range he auto switches to melee to defend. Remove all UI completely.
Very curious, thats how it work's at my side.

Did you notice the mod got some option you can adjust ?

bigheadzach

Gonna go ahead and try the B19 version in 1.0, but would definitely appreciate this one getting the official tip of the hat.

sumghai

PeteTimesSix, just a heads-up that you may need to change some HugsLib / Harmony method calls and object references in order to update SS from B19 to 1.0:

[HugsLib][ERR] SimpleSidearms caused an exception during OnDefsLoaded: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'HugsLib.ModBase.get_HarmonyInst'.
  at HugsLib.HugsLibController.OnDefsLoaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:ReportException(Exception, String, Boolean, String)
HugsLib.HugsLibController:OnDefsLoaded()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:LoadReloadInitialize()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

[HugsLib][ERR] SimpleSidearms caused an exception during OnUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SimpleSidearms.SimpleSidearms.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.HugsLibController.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:ReportException(Exception, String, Boolean, String)
HugsLib.HugsLibController:OnUpdate()
HugsLib.Patches.Root_Patch:UpdateHook()
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()