[MOD] (Alpha 3) Stackable Foods

Started by Cj_mav, April 22, 2014, 10:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cj_mav

Stackable Food!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Background:
I've been playing RimWorld a bit and every time I get further along into a game, I get OCD-like tendencies when it comes to organizing my storage spaces. I have one for foods, one for Raw Materials, one for Weapons, etc...

Once I get settled thoroughly, I hire an all-time cook to produce the majority of my Colony's food supply.
Sometimes though, I can match the production of my colony and then some, and my chef makes loads more food than I need. (Usually, I try to start with a Frightened Child/Midworld Chef. It's a 12 skill level base.)

The ground ends up littered with food-stuffs, and i get twitchy about walking all up on it.

Mod:
This little mod's sole purpose is to allow you to stack food.  Simple as that. Nothing else.

Maybe in a little bit, I'll scrounge together a storage unit, such like the equipment lockers for weapons. If I can...

-->That is, if one of the heavy Modders doesn't get to it before I do.

For now, have fun playing with your food.

Comes in 5 sizes!

Unsightly Features:

• Can't see how many food are in the stack without selecting. Might be because this isn't registered as a resource, just a food item. Isn't too big of a deal, though.

Installation:
Just unzip the .zip file into your mod directory! Should work poifectly, Mo!

Credits:

• Tynan. For one of my most favorite games in recent times!

* If you'd like to link to my post, or show me a suggestion for adding more to it, please write me a quick little message. I just like to know what people are saying about my stuff is all :)

**Any user who would be wanting to include this into a Modpack may do so, just give credit for it and tell me about it!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

NephilimNexus

I think you may have created the most essential mod so far.   ;D

You wouldn't believe how long I've been forcing my people to live off nutrient paste because I couldn't stand the way a real kitchen floods my entire colony with TV dinners.  Seriously.

Cj_mav

Haha, I know what you mean. These darn colonists just don't know what how to eat.

Although, I do recommend using the lower-sized Stackables. For some reason, the colonists don't each take one from the stack and eat it simultaneously with one another, but rather they wait for each person to finish eating the platter and then they start. It's a weird thing, but keeping the food spread out enough, yet still bundled together in small amounts is a nice "work-around" to this problem.

Architect

I don't think any of the 'heavy' modders will do it before you now that you have expressed an opinion in wanting to do it :P
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.