New Mechanoid: Harvestor / Mechanoid bases on map

Started by Neotic, May 15, 2017, 04:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neotic

Recently been playing A17 unstable and have been getting a few mechanoid raids and was wonder where do they come from and where do they get their resources?

Thus my first suggestion is that the mechanoid have bases or technically fortified factories they would basically be like any other faction base but futuristic. On the world map they appear sparse and spread out through the world.

Now my second suggestion is for a new mechanoid "Harvestor" they're are similar to the alpha beavers expect instead of wood they mine any exposed resources and if they're is none they try to take yours and attack your deep drilling mines. I imagine the Harvestor would appear late game and to combat late game colonies they would be heavily armoued and for guns they would have something similar to a LMG.
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

O Negative

I like the idea of mechanoid hives spawning on the map, because I want the ability to drop pod into them to shut them down! Effectively a different kind of victory condition.

Neotic

Quote from: O Negative on May 16, 2017, 07:25:37 PM
I like the idea of mechanoid hives spawning on the map, because I want the ability to drop pod into them to shut them down! Effectively a different kind of victory condition.
true but you would still have the physic ships
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

O Negative

Not if there were a few quests involving the destruction of those psychic ships :P

All in all, I don't want to take away from your original suggestion with my own ideas. I like your idea :)