[A17.1541] Released prisoners get re-captured and can't be interacted with

Started by Mehni, May 17, 2017, 02:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mehni

I released a prisoner, who then went berserk at the edge of the map. He fell unconscious due to starvation and somehow wound back up in a prisoner bed. Yet doctors wardens wouldn't autonomously feed him until I set the prisoner tab to chat and recruit again. Doctors will feed this prisoner when they fall unconscious.

When the prisoner is fully healed and back up and walking, wardens still can't interact/release the prisoner. Setting them back to chat & recruit also doesn't yield the option to chat with the prisoner, neither is it possible to strip them.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Neotic

Quote from: Mehni on May 17, 2017, 02:13:25 PM
I released a prisoner, who then went berserk at the edge of the map. He fell unconscious due to starvation and somehow wound back up in a prisoner bed. Yet doctors wardens wouldn't autonomously feed him until I set the prisoner tab to chat and recruit again. Doctors will feed this prisoner when they fall unconscious.

When the prisoner is fully healed and back up and walking, wardens still can't interact/release the prisoner. Setting them back to chat & recruit also doesn't yield the option to chat with the prisoner, neither is it possible to strip them.
if you leave the door open will the prisoner just walk out without triggering a prison escape?
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

ison

What happened here is that the prisoner was still "released" but somehow got trapped in a room he couldn't get out of. Do you remember what exactly made your colonists take him to bed? Can you reproduce it?

We could simply re-release prisoners when they become trapped like this, but it shouldn't even happen in the first place.

//edit: similar to this bug https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32548.0

Mehni

>  Do you remember what exactly made your colonists take him to bed? Can you reproduce it?

I thought it would be easy, but this is turning out to be a tricky one to repro on my end.

The prisoner:
- was patched up from injuries
- was suffering from heatstroke
- had went berserk
- still had bloodloss when I last checked on him
- was suffering from malnutrition

ison

Okay, I've tried to reproduce it in A18 but couldn't. It's possible that it's already fixed. We'll see if it happens again. Thanks for reporting.