Construction failed disabled on graves

Started by Neotic, May 17, 2017, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neotic

it should be disabled because, how do you possible fail on digging a hole? It doesnt make much sense really.
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

Limdood

its a deep, vertical hole....destabilize the sides and the walls collapse into the hole giving you a shallow depression - no longer a grave.

Ever dig a deep hole at the beach?

Neotic

Quote from: Limdood on May 17, 2017, 10:55:25 PM
its a deep, vertical hole....destabilize the sides and the walls collapse into the hole giving you a shallow depression - no longer a grave.

Ever dig a deep hole at the beach?
i can get a grave failing on sand but on dirt it would have to be nearly intentional to destabilize it
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

mumblemumble

I agree : its not a hard task at all.

Hey, does digging a grave use the mining skill?
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Neotic

Quote from: mumblemumble on May 18, 2017, 03:25:18 AM
I agree : its not a hard task at all.

Hey, does digging a grave use the mining skill?
It surprisingly uses the construction skill 
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

Perq

What, you never built a hole? :D It is anti-building skill. You build by anti-building. Or something. D:

That said, for simplicity sake I think it is fine. Not that it fails often, and even if it does it takes almost no time to do.
I'm nobody from nowhere who knows nothing about anything.
But you are still wrong.

Calahan

There was a rather humorous report about this on reddit a while back.
https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/5pcnvi/something_that_always_bothered_me_about_graves/

In the comments Tynan originally called this a bug, but later on someone pointed out that it could fail due to the ground collapsing (as mentioned above by Limdood), which Tynan thought was a good point. (So failed grave construction is probably WAD and intended).