Your Best Screenshots

Started by Tynan, April 22, 2014, 02:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

Quote from: TitaniumTurtle on November 27, 2015, 05:12:39 PM
Quote from: Railgun Convention on November 27, 2015, 11:05:51 AM
So it turns out chronological and biological age don't start at quite the same time...

Actually it is entirely possible for them to start at the same time. Theoretically, the closer to the speed of light we get, the slower time passes. Therefore, an individual that spends an extended amount of time near the speed of light without actually surpassing it would be older upon returning to normal speed. Likewise, cryogenics is suppose to slow the aging process, therefore early interstellar travel will most likely make use of both, otherwise the original crew would like be generations dead by the time they reach their destination. On a related note, it is likely that a skeleton crew would be required to maintain said ship in transit. The dog may have kept the crew company for nearly a month before they decided to put her in cryo too. Or more likely the skeleton crew released the dog early to keep them company as they prepped for landing.

He was talking about time travel, or just straight up breaking the laws of physics.  Notice how the Chronological age is less than the Biological age?  In other words, that dog is older than the amount of time she's been around for.

Railgun Convention

Quote from: milon on December 08, 2015, 09:24:08 AM
So it turns out chronological and biological age don't start at quite the same time...
-snip-

Actually it is entirely possible for them to start at the same time. Theoretically, the closer to the speed of light we get, the slower time passes. Therefore, an individual that spends an extended amount of time near the speed of light without actually surpassing it would be older upon returning to normal speed. Likewise, cryogenics is suppose to slow the aging process, therefore early interstellar travel will most likely make use of both, otherwise the original crew would like be generations dead by the time they reach their destination. On a related note, it is likely that a skeleton crew would be required to maintain said ship in transit. The dog may have kept the crew company for nearly a month before they decided to put her in cryo too. Or more likely the skeleton crew released the dog early to keep them company as they prepped for landing.

He was talking about time travel, or just straight up breaking the laws of physics.  Notice how the Chronological age is less than the Biological age?  In other words, that dog is older than the amount of time she's been around for.

What he said ^

It's only 1 day in game, which could be a matter of seconds, but it shouldn't be possible - pawns with no stasis time don't show a chronological age because it's exactly the same. Except this ISN'T the same, somehow... It seems she was aged by something. Somehow.

S810_Jr

Quote from: Railgun Convention on December 09, 2015, 04:18:43 PM
Quote from: milon on December 08, 2015, 09:24:08 AM
-snip-

What he said ^

It's only 1 day in game, which could be a matter of seconds, but it shouldn't be possible - pawns with no stasis time don't show a chronological age because it's exactly the same. Except this ISN'T the same, somehow... It seems she was aged by something. Somehow.

Well how about this? How old are you on your 21st birthday?
21 years old?
Or 21 years and around 9 months old?

(Does that help bodge in a workaround hehe? ]; )

Railgun Convention

Quote from: S810_Jr on December 12, 2015, 07:24:41 AM
Well how about this? How old are you on your 21st birthday?
21 years old?
Or 21 years and around 9 months old?

(Does that help bodge in a workaround hehe? ]; )

Well if you ever see a dog with a 1 day pregnancy time, give us a call :P

And we should probably stop derailing this thread now...

Sens

A little preview of my colony and the ongoing battle - rough preview, lets say... 20% is done building, with just around 10% of it "polished" so far :)

- plan to make a city (trying to avoid too much simetry, just started out)

- please dont mind the "childish" outskirts, atm they look pretty rough, will change those completly

- was having some troubles with raiders from day 4 to day 5, but i think i got those under control now

- going to make friends with tribals again since they grew way too numerous and stuff got "out of hand" (last two raids). They managed to destroy a large portion of my turrets and completly drained my iron reserves, barely managed to get it under control again)

- stitched together 20+ screenshots. (found some allignment issues, tried to fix/hide those best i could, not entirely sure how it came to those, but is just a little preview of work in progress, once im done building and polishing everything i will upload the 14+ mb png (or even larger)

Uploaded the JPG version - 2mb
(i think host site downgraded it even further)

work in progress at Day 5:
(June, 5514)

http://i.imgur.com/v6eTZIo.jpg

Sens

"The Shooting Range" - my team having fun in 5517  :D

Gaiska

good inspiration for my base. thx sens

Sens

Glad to hear that, no problem :)

P.S. You have to pull your guys back before that last line of turrets explodes or add another line of sandbags in between, otherwise they will get hurt by explosion.

Sens

Ambush in the Summer of 5518:

+ day 8 update, still rough, unpolished but... since such battlefields dont happen so often and Pirate Raid size has almost reached the point of having duplicate names in 1 raid group, i decided to do a little update, inbefore i suddenly dissapear or something due to reasons unknown. Otherwise im pretty much still at it everyday. While watching the 6 screenshot overview i noticed that the "thing in the upper left could resemble a "Mech" and the thing in the upper right could be sort of a pirate squirrel (lol, just happened to look like that, came out randomly, plan to change that in the future :) + already removed the pinkish lights from the new spaceship, since they come over too strong imo + the summer view is way better, since snow covers some nice floors here..., plan to do another update but as said, you never know... )

http://i.imgur.com/uBducqJ.png

P.S. sadly i am unable to do a hi-res screenshot due to my shitty graphic card (1024-768 max).

P.S.S. if someone wants to have fun with this msg me and i can provide the savegame + mods folder (misc+mai+epoe).

Sens

+ overview when the snow melts...

- there was a boar manhunter wave in between which took me 2+h to deal with, as there is no cap to raid size the tribals and manhunter raids grew way too numerous to deal with on my computer already, am friends with tribals for a few years now, but kinda need the manhunter waves for food, so i play those at 1fps or even less, the pirate and mechs raids are still playable and dont lag much.

(P.S. never used Dev tool)

The Summer of 5519:

http://i.imgur.com/1fQ30oM.png

Gaiska

impressing. i try to copy the defense structure for my base. what modpack do you use ? or vanilla?

Sens

Thx, the mods are Misc+MAI and EPOE - but mostly i just use core stuff, there are some things i cant play without and need mods:

- trader caravans, hauler, cleaner droids, saving groups under shift+6/9 buttons (Misc+MAI) and althou i have around 18 hauler droids + 40+ colonists it still gets messy and takes me almost all summer to clean up the winter mess (rly need them badly, im tired of DF type of gameplay where later on you deal with hauling, cleaning up the mess from raids more than anything else, its not some cleaning simulation game or ?...)

- drugged ribs (EPOE) because i cannot get enough joywires from traders althou i have more than enough money to buy anything.

I have to warn you thou that using EPOE for example will result in huge downgrade/handicap also!!!
- the raiders you deal with will come with synthetic organs instead of bionics and you will be unable to harvest and use those, by now i could have everyone (40+) upgraded with complete set of normal bionics if i played without EPOE, without the need to craft any, only have 2 guys with adv. bionics, since imo those are way overpowered, rest of my colonists get their torn off stuff replaced by whatever i get from tradeships, i seldom craft bionics myself, try to avoid that, do have to say that more or less everyone has exoskeleton on them thou + i love the expanded surgery part. :)

+ althou i have 5 Enc. MAI, i could easily do without them, did help me mine alot in the beggining of colony thou.

And that is kinda it from the modded stuff. There are some special turrets also and some other things, but can do without those too and for years now havent been used anymore.

If i would make a new colony now, i would skip the EPOE mod, but would keep the Misc+MAI for hauler / cleaners / traders / grouping only + nano storage (thats nice, since u can hide some things like beer and food and glitter meds, to be used when u want, without having to look around warehouse for too long to find them).

This is the fixed hospital and warehouse look: http://i.imgur.com/2I30w71.jpg (kinda burned out atm, do plan to remove the modded things, but not even sure my quality will be good enough anyway :) )

Pickle

Pwahahaha I hope you suffered.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Little Hell

Onto. My. Base.

Oh well. At least just one chicken died. Could be worse. Imagine that someone is watching the sky right there and see a green pylon fall on him.

ToXeye

Quote from: Little Hell on April 01, 2016, 07:33:45 PM
Onto. My. Base.

This happened to me too, in [A13] so it's the most recent. I have pics, but on another computer.
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\