Your Best Screenshots

Started by Tynan, April 22, 2014, 02:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sufgi

Hi.
Just started playng the new A13V, and its a lots of fun for me.

So here is my S.O.S

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Vaporisor

Quote from: Sufgi on April 22, 2016, 11:43:45 AM
Hi.
Just started playng the new A13V, and its a lots of fun for me.

So here is my S.O.S

That is quite clever actually!  Good job ^.^

I decided to upload this screenshot.  Is the aftermath of a raid combined with a muffalo manhunter pack storming the gates of my colony  The bottom right portion of the field has already been cleaned up a bit.  We ate well after that and am sure the crops are well fertilized after.  That is one heck of a killing field....

Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

New one as part of my Journal playthrough documentary.  I like this one cause managed to catch a grenade mid explosion.  This is an outside build map and I do not yet have a solid outside perimeter set up.  This raid was the biggest yet for the colony doubled up with guys who are already weakened from a malaria plague.  Red, my best melee is out for the count after dealing with sleeping sickness for many months.

So I opened some doors, and fell back to a secure position.  Mal was definitely the one who kept this from being much worse.  I did duck and shoot micromanagement to keep their club wielding maniacs at bay while Mal sniped with grenades so to speak.  Those grenades saved my bacon big time.  I really thought it was going to go much worse.  No more hesitation, I have to get some proper security built up.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Lakuna

Would it be OK to build a HUGE base on development god mode and take a picture of that? It might make the game easier to sell.

I really like this effect

milon

Sure!  Tynan won't necessarily use all the screenshots, but there's no harm in engineering one.  :)

Just make sure to read & follow his instructions in post #1 of this thread, or it is guaranteed to not get used.

Tynan

Natural colonies tend to look better honestly. But of course I have no way of knowing if you used dev tools!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

milon

^ As long as Dev Mode is turned off before the screenshot is taken  ;)

Lakuna

Quote from: milon on May 20, 2016, 12:50:43 PM
^ As long as Dev Mode is turned off before the screenshot is taken  ;)
Of course.
That would indeed be a VERY BAD mistake to make.

RemingtonRyder

By the way. BBCode allows you to scale the size of a posted image to something more reasonable e.g.

[img width=640]your_image_url_goes_here[/img]

Of course you still want to be able to link people to the full-size thing, so you could do this:

[url=your_image_url_goes_here][img width=640]your_image_url_goes_here[/img][/url]

shaw357

ToXeye

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=732619404

This colony actually was revived by me (a few cheats on the way, a few tricks and a few sacrifices). The result, however, is the following

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=732624044

In the image you can see that I have increasing difficulty in keeping the colony alive. None of the original members are alive. It has effectively failed containing the colonists, keeping the enemies alive, while converting electricity to food. The first attempt at creating energy surplus required a lot of steel and components. Manhunter elephants destroyed all four wind power generators. They were tasty, but expensive. However, the time I cheated was when I entered dev mode to kill off some scythers. All other perils were taken care of properly. It is one of my most progressed colonies... however, the game ends way before the whole map is exploited so I guess there's a point in the design there.

Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

MeowRailroad

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=744149887

Sorry for the steam pic, I just can't figure out how to get my computer to take screenshots.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

CounterFact

My favourite colony so far.
I must say I got extremely lucky with the map layout and features.

http://imgur.com/CZZfHyy

milon

They say "pics or it didn't happen".  So here's my pics.  ;D

1 - Read the description of God with Tiffy.  Why did Flynners create that?
2 - See Flynners' relationship with Tiffy.  But who's the cook in the artwork?
3 - I think you can figure out who the cook is.

And no - this wasn't created with Dev Mode or mods or anything.  It was just a glorious accident!

milon

Double post because of file size limits.

Don't believe me?  Have the save file (A14).  :P

EDIT - Holy crap, Flynners is sending a message!  Hot off the sculptor's block is Mirror with Tiffy (attached).  I'll let the description and the quality speak for itself.  Shotgun wedding, here we come!  :)