Your Best Screenshots

Started by Tynan, April 22, 2014, 02:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plymouth

My friend's first experience playing it:

Jstank

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

New_Roman

Hello all,

I have played through numerous colonies on Rimworld,this game is to addictive btw  :), and I figured I would share my latest creation. A colony I am pretty happy with.

A few notes
- I did not use any mods this is pure vanilla
- I played on permadeath mode with no attempts at save scumming
- I did not use developer mode or any other such cheats
- Making yayo may not be the most profitable according to some reddit forums, but it is definitely the most fun. Viva la Pablo Escobar!!!

Anyways enjoy these screenshots!

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Bradley_

CiceroThePoet

This is my almost entirely outdoors village-like colony, "Landfall". I opted for the "Rich Explorer" beginning. It is in a Tropical Rainforest Biome, on Randy Random, on the Some Challenge setting. Primary exports being all manner of agricultural goods. Primary imports being steel, and components. It's my biggest, and most successful colony. The image does look a bit fuzzy, however, that is due to the maximum zoom-out I needed to capture the entire settlement. I do apologize for this, as this was the very best I could capture given both the size of the colony, and the "Volcanic Winter" map condition. This is also my first play through without any mods. I was aiming for an extremely long-term settlement, to give me the feeling of creating a culture, rather than just a colony.

It worked. I'm rather proud of it, and decided to post it here.

(EDIT : I should mention my buildings are typically better stocked than what you see. Two caravans came through just a few minutes before this screenshot was taken. Leading me to sell off the majority of my goods for components, steel, and sweet sweet silver.)

TheRevolverProject

So I just started a new world since my R14 world would not load properly anymore due to the update. (I.E no hud. So I'd be basically be watching a movie of my colonist die...over...and over again. :D Wonderful!) And About three hours in I get a sizeable colony for what I want to do and suddenly a manhunter pack attacks....I focus on one of the elephants only to fail to realise that the second one was also attacking. A colonist by the name of Sevigaard, Who is a level two Shot, carrying an awful Sniper rifle managed to dome the elephant in a single shot. I only noticed because I heard the sniper shot and saw Sevigaard turn around. I sat at my screen for five minutes trying to comprehend what just hapened

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

OldManSteve

Level 13 doctor missed the leg. Catastrophically.

How'd he kill a guy while attaching a simple prosthesis???

Stabbed to death in the torso??? The hell does that have to do with the leg?

The player on Youtube, KokoplaysMB, says this is the third colonist he's killed!
Sure that pawn isn't a quack? Did he go to Falwell Medical School?

Panzer

Already fixed for the next version, still hilarious ;D

MisterSpock

This story happend while a mechanoid raid in my extreme iceshield survival:

My first joining wanderer was "Recruiter". She has this sex slave background, you know. But however she recruited everyone and because of her beauty (and hopefully more than that) she is also very liked.

Then there was another mechanoid raid. Easy peacy, but suddenly "Miner" started to romance her and she insulted him back. The result was a not so "social fight" beetween a normal and nonviolent character. But she survived. Her dead would make the colony as sad as snow whites dead.

Miner is putting some infernocannon flames out, to let it look like everything is ok and he learned his leasson.

Not the best day for Recruiter

SpaceDorf

Trolled by Mechanoids after killing one of mine ..

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Yoozd

At the wedding of Cookie and Justin there was a sudden outbreak of muscle parasites in three of the guests. Before the ceremony started two colonists started fighting with eachother. I knew the red lights in the ceremonyroom were a bad idea. Red weddings only bring bad luck.. :P

AShinyPotato

Not sure if you´re still looking for more. But here are some from a Raid on a Hostile Base.

MisterSpock

Shortest Story in Rimworld:

Two seconds after the drop my colonist starting a social fight with a deadly end:

lone colonist

My colonists and ship. The ship is nearly ready, just need some fine tuning and refueling.