Your Best Screenshots

Started by Tynan, April 22, 2014, 02:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1000

Is there a way to post higher res images? I have a lot of cool action shots, but difficult to see anything cool when they're lower than 600kb.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Kirby23590

Quote from: kid1000 on June 01, 2018, 05:49:40 PM
Is there a way to post higher res images? I have a lot of cool action shots, but difficult to see anything cool when they're lower than 600kb.

If you're using steam. Open the Steam Program and go to the top-left corner and click the word steam and select settings and Find the In-Game options.

Make sure that save an uncompressed copy is checked.

And don't forget to set the screenshot folder in my case i set it user/doucuments.

Now if you're taking screenshots of the game. A high res image/screenshot will appear in user/doucuments.

If you're not using steam there's a jury-rigged option to take. Use the Print Screen Button or as it appears on my keyboard Prt Sc SysRq. Go to your image editor of your choice like Photoshop or GIMP (gimp is free). And edit the screenshot to your hearts content. Just make the image size matches the screen resolution of your computer.

It's not much but looking at Rimworld's keyboard options theres a take a screenshot button with F10. But i use the steam version so i don't know about non-steam versions though.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Adsixnine

MerlinEngine

I do not know if it is really that impressive, but I am trying to build the ultimate defensive works near my colony. Over time, I want to improve them with advanced technology, but I expect that the patches of the 1.0 unstable won't give me the opportunity to do so. Here is their status so far, the point of them is that they pretty much cover every approach to my colony, and give my characters a fair bit of defense in depth. So far, these defenses have stood up to all the attacks, for example, in the case of bomb-throwing enemies, I can command my characters to retreat to another line, or go into the tunnel and attack the bomb thrower from the flank. I want to dig out another tunnel from the hill to the south, fortify it, and use it as a more effective flanking point during battles.  I will probably include a first aid station close to that tunnel, as my current hospital is too far away to quickly remove and tend to injured characters during and after battles.  There aren't enough traps to really do that much damage, however, so I will probably increase my trap line from two to four, maybe six, if I can find the wood.

That's the problem really, you can't get the wood you know.
You know Henry Crun? He is a guy who can't get the wood either.

Chibiabos

The REAL reason insects burrow into your base:  they just want to PAAAAARTAY!

Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Yeol

This was one of my most fun, long living colonies to play with. Unfortunatly the update of A18 made it unplayable. This colony never lived it's fate... salvation or annihilation... We'll never know.  :(

TheJollyKraut

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/180826/3nuzztx2.jpg <- [img] is not showing the image for some reason
They call me Muffalo Phill!

Swarx

BadOaks

I tried actually planning my colony out before starting the game, and so far the result has been one of the most fun playthroughs I've had. Here's the plan I sketched:

And this is the colony in its fourth spring:

ToXeye

Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

JayratX8

ok i got 1 this is to memorialize the dead father of one of my colonists who was part of the pirate faction and lead a doomed raid against my town. now he is in the sarcophagus surrounded by his dead compatriots. in fact the sarcophagus was so well made it's art now.

Take it easy; Take it sleazy, Take it anyway you can. BUT! remember, don't squeeze the Charmin.

DarkAleks

JayratX8

hmm i wonder who might have asked a favor.

Take it easy; Take it sleazy, Take it anyway you can. BUT! remember, don't squeeze the Charmin.

JayratX8

got another one. a cow ate my meds.

Orzechix

My colony was established and started by one man - Grant the most vicious and human meat hungry guy on those parts of ice plains. Currently its late-game stage of my colony. I was really surprised how next infestation scaled. I started to thank myself that I built that lure rooms. But unfortunately those beast from underground broke through my tiny walls and ran at fully rage on my windturbine farm and turrets (R.I.P), no casualties in man. Brave colonists have managed to deal with threat. Next time I will do more security stuff around this place...  :D

But still.. look at this insanity...  :-X