Your Best Screenshots

Started by Tynan, April 22, 2014, 02:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt.Fupa

I used to have a awesome a3 colony but then my computer broke and i couldn't recover it. This was before creamation where i had a entire freaking factory and trading pad built for packaged human meat, i got to the point where i had to stop because everybody was getting mental breaks because of how many dead people i butcherd (that was also because i was putting human meat into their food). But on the up side i had a entire supply pad dedicated to moneys. Oh and another factory for regular food. The big bang mod pack was awesome

milon

Back in A3, wouldn't that much fear have prevented mental breaks?  I made a fear colony or two...  good times.  Traumatize people and keep 'em loyal forever!

Halinder

(Fff. Screenshot too big.)

This is why you DON'T build colonies of colonies. I had a group of 30 colonists inside a mixed outside-inside mountain base and decided to wall off the entire outside area through a tedious process of layering stone.

Before that, I decided to send out three colonists and a MAI (mobile artificial intelligence). They set up nicely, had fertilizer pumps giving them decent plots, and two steam geysers (with a third on the way) fueled the outpost nicely -- although apparently the noble, Hammer, wasn't interested and left. With an abundance of silver left from many, many sieges, we decided to build silver walls blocking the west, and stone walls blocking the east and south, leaving the outpost penned in with a great deal of land. The prison was lavish, although without Hammer we couldn't actually recruit anyone and feeding was a harsh task of stockpile-nostockpile.

Then mechanoids happened.

At first I wasn't worried, I mean the two remaining colonists and MAI were well-armored and we had a light turret setup, enough to deal with 12 scythers and 5 centipedes if done right. They attacked the main colony wall first, making a few dents before giving up and attacking the silver wall, which they burned and smashed apart. The very first scyther to break the wall down was alone, so I sent a fighter with an AK and an armored vest over. He got maybe three shots in before the scyther cauterized his face. Next came the MAI, which worked in tandem with our turret system to kill 3 scythers before being headshotted and instantly exploding.

Well, shit.

It was left to Ben, the power-armored, military helmeted fellow with a P90 to kill 9 scythers and 5 centipedes. Naturally, I felt the best option was to lock all outer doors and use the small indoor stockpile of metal to pile turrets, and it actually worked, the merits of having a decent power grid. All the scythers went down to the turrets, three centipedes died horrendously, and only two were left -- a heavy charge blaster and an inferno cannon. Not liking the thought of charred Ben, I proceeded to run to the prison, and do what a good master would do.

That is set the two prisoners free, and by free I mean straight into centipede gunfire.

About when they managed to get to the burnt out husk of the main building one went insane and started beating the other to death, which was fine considering they were within firing distance of the mechanoids. A quick volley from both of them put an end to the crazy man's victim, who dropped writhing in pain before a stray bullet headed to his co-prisoner ended his misery. Ben managed to get two volleys of P90 fire into the inferno cannon centipede, but with no more bait, it was time to go. The main building destroyed, I decide to send survivor numero uno to defend himself inside the now empty prison, giving him some time to rest as the damaged mechanoids make their way over.

They actually didn't bother, holding a position in the remains of the outpost. Ben was going to starve if the fight didn't end fast, the stockpile being burnt to nothingness. In a last ditch effort to secure some kind of weapon that would do decisive damage (the P90 really wasn't cutting it) I sent Ben running for one of the miniguns dropped by the centipedes. He met face to face with his enemies, dodging a volley of heavy charge blaster rounds and an inferno cannon shell. Picking up the minigun, he turned his attention to the beings and..

The gunfire ensuing, missing horribly, took out the last support for their section of the outpost. The roof collapsed, killing all three. The end. Dammit, Rimworld.

milon

@Halinder, I would love to see your screenshot(s)!  Use postimage.org or puush.me to post screenshots.  ;)

Shinzy

Quote from: milon on October 11, 2014, 09:29:02 AM
@Halinder, I would love to see your screenshot(s)!  Use postimage.org or puush.me to post screenshots.  ;)
*Other image sharing sites are available! ;D

milon

Oops, I meant to say that.  ;)

senospt

Day 968:

Manage to survive an assault of 434 tribe members. Managed to kill 338 and 96 got again !

Timber

Quote from: Shinzy on October 11, 2014, 11:31:35 AM
Quote from: milon on October 11, 2014, 09:29:02 AM
*Other image sharing sites are available! ;D
What Shinzy said! Use imgur.com instead
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

kerky

my first colony that i have kept alive for more than a year without wanting to kill them (apart from comareio the big sook i should have sold or harvested him)

had this event happen twice within a month in game where all the doors explode and what ever is attached within 1 brick.

Stan-K

I like the cross fire here, lots of bullets flying around. For some reason the incapacitated Muffalo always makes me laugh as well.

It is always fun to have the Mechanoids attack, they just leave such a mess.

And this raider attack just looks more scary because it is at night. Special attention also for Axle, using proving a sword sometimes is more useful than a gun.

More images of my "Hurray" colony are available as well, but I thought highlighting three is enough: http://imgur.com/a/Kt4DY

ToXeye

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o4slnf6wqsbxbgz/AAAXPjsaBMzYoHAj6dF8bZzYa?dl=0
This folder contains my last attempt at escaping the planet. I started out with some dromedarys being slaughtered (I was using a mod, or are those in the game?) and a combat supplier came by and traded me 3 uzis. Much better! I had a bounty of iron and plasteel next to the base. I mined most of it, and built a huge hydroponics system, which didn't generate much considering what it costed. If I had survived that last attack of the 10 pirates besieging my colony, I would have been able to perhaps escape the planet. I was in a desert, and didn't bother with mountains (since I didn't expect I would beat the psychic drone). Know what was my most lucky stroke? That raiders came and attacked me with grenades, so that I could loot them and use them against the psychic drone. I had 2 frag grenades and 1 emp grenade. And I was using Immersive Rim 1.3.7, which probably improved the balance somehow (IDK).
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

Dr. Z

A small but fully functional clolony overrunned by a mad herd of wild boars.

Far:

Close:
Prasie the Squirrel!

Tynan

Thanks for the screenshots everyone! Some of these are really great.

Always looking for more!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

StealthHunterX

Winter Comes. Thankfully, Ive had enough meat frozen to keep my colonists fed over the winter.

imgurl

image url upload

Winter ends, and Instead of just relying on meat, Ive decided to have a huge potato farm. I should be fine for the years to come

jpg images

Tynan

Stealth, do you happen to have those with less compression and/or in higher resolution?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog