[1.0] Rim of Madness - Bones V2.0

Started by SihvMan, May 18, 2017, 04:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazeroth

When I successfully butcher a corpse, my guy immediately tries to take the bones to storage. Before installing this mod, I think it would immediately try to take the meat to storage. Any chance of making it optional to change the prioritization on which item is picked up after butchering?

Nightinggale

Quote from: Vazeroth on October 30, 2017, 03:30:44 PM
When I successfully butcher a corpse, my guy immediately tries to take the bones to storage. Before installing this mod, I think it would immediately try to take the meat to storage. Any chance of making it optional to change the prioritization on which item is picked up after butchering?
Upgrade to BoneMod 1.4. I already fixed that bug, or rather I worked around a vanilla bug. Also I reported the bug and it has been fixed in A18 unstable.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Vazeroth

Nightinggale

I got an update on the progress of making a version of butcherProducts, which can scale for missing body parts. I wrote a proof of concept code and I added a new StatDef to xml, which provides survival package meals. It works perfectly, meaning the idea works as expected. The problem is that I wrote it quickly on top of the bone code, making the code so messy that I don't want to maintain it because bugs likes to hide in messy code. I plan to start over to make a standalone mod with code designed from the start to handle multiple items. I can't provide any ETA though.

This code changes what happens during a method call and not what is stored in the game/savegame. This means the butcher code can be removed/changed/added to savegames without issues.

This means splitting BoneMod into two mods, which the user has to set up correctly in the mod load list. I wrote ModCheck to hopefully remove all the issues that can result in.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Ashardalon411

Does it is possible to make possible the extraction of the bones from the corpses at the stage of skeleton ? many times i have too much corpses to stock or butch them, and they rotten and after its impossible to have bones from them for now. And replace the bones trap requires a lot of them...

does it possible too have something for that (and even for modded creatures) ? Already ty

Nightinggale

Since it's using the butcher code and butchering rotten corpses or skeletons isn't possible, then no, you need fresh corpses. That might change in the future, but it's far from certain.

Since 1.4, bones are not added to animals with patches, but rather added at runtime based on body size. This means the current version has full mod support, even for mods, which has yet to be made.

Hydromancerx

Quote from: Hydromancerx on June 25, 2017, 02:59:37 PM
Some Ideas ...

- Bone Marrow - Extract the bone marrow from bones and get a meat resource.

- Bone Meal - Ground down bones to make fertilizer.

- Bone Clothing - Custom made clothing that look like bones.

You ever going to add i Skull Helmets and/or Bone Armor?

Ashardalon411

Quote from: Nightinggale on November 01, 2017, 04:04:59 PM
Since it's using the butcher code and butchering rotten corpses or skeletons isn't possible, then no, you need fresh corpses. That might change in the future, but it's far from certain.

Since 1.4, bones are not added to animals with patches, but rather added at runtime based on body size. This means the current version has full mod support, even for mods, which has yet to be made.
ok so its possible to produce the bones at the electric crematorium or another adapted place ? (this item already consume the corpses, so...)

Nightinggale

Quote from: Ashardalon411 on November 01, 2017, 06:40:15 PMok so its possible to produce the bones at the electric crematorium or another adapted place ? (this item already consume the corpses, so...)
Currently it's not possible, but I find the idea interesting. I will add it to my list of ideas, which are pending further research.

Hydromancerx

QuoteBone Ash/Bone China added - Made in the crematorium. Use as a weak alternative to silver for beautiful art.

Can you make a low tech way of making Bone Ash instead of the Electric Crematorium? Such as the Firepit?

Nightinggale

Quote from: Hydromancerx on November 02, 2017, 03:01:27 PM
QuoteBone Ash/Bone China added - Made in the crematorium. Use as a weak alternative to silver for beautiful art.

Can you make a low tech way of making Bone Ash instead of the Electric Crematorium? Such as the Firepit?
Step 1: figuring out how to code "butchering" of rotten corpses without ending up with non-rotten meat etc.
Step 2: once step 1 is possible, figure out precisely which buildings to use

Having said that, it's a good point to not make bone extraction from corpses high tech because you really want to do it early in the game and it might make the most sense to use by tribal people without electricity.

SihvMan

Quote from: Hydromancerx on November 02, 2017, 03:01:27 PM

I'm leery of adding it to the firepit. So many other mods affect it that even using xpath patching there's no guarantee it won't conflict with something.

That said, I'll look at making it a bit lower tech. Maybe a low tech burn pit, acting like a brewing barrel...? Could re-use that code and have it use the grave art.

Quote from: Hydromancerx on November 01, 2017, 04:53:36 PM
Quote from: Hydromancerx on June 25, 2017, 02:59:37 PM
Some Ideas ...

- Bone Marrow - Extract the bone marrow from bones and get a meat resource.

- Bone Meal - Ground down bones to make fertilizer.

- Bone Clothing - Custom made clothing that look like bones.

You ever going to add i Skull Helmets and/or Bone Armor?

Need art assets to add. If/when I get those, sure!

Nightinggale

Quote from: SihvMan on November 02, 2017, 07:59:09 PMI'm leery of adding it to the firepit. So many other mods affect it that even using xpath patching there's no guarantee it won't conflict with something.
If it's just a burn corpse recipe, I don't think it will conflict with anything just for using the campfire. If anything, it will conflict with something (unlikely), which change recipes in which case it doesn't matter if it's the campfire or some other building. The real problem will be making a recipe doing what we want it to do.

SihvMan

Quote from: Nightinggale on November 02, 2017, 08:05:49 PM
Quote from: SihvMan on November 02, 2017, 07:59:09 PMI'm leery of adding it to the firepit. So many other mods affect it that even using xpath patching there's no guarantee it won't conflict with something.
If it's just a burn corpse recipe, I don't think it will conflict with anything just for using the campfire. If anything, it will conflict with something (unlikely), which change recipes in which case it doesn't matter if it's the campfire or some other building. The real problem will be making a recipe doing what we want it to do.

In this case, it's just shifting the bone ash recipe to something accessible to tribals. Still holding off on rotten corpses until a method can be devised.

If you think a firepit -> bone ash recipe won't conflict, I could shift it easily. Maybe change the research requirements as well.

Ashardalon411

Quote from: Nightinggale on November 02, 2017, 04:44:29 PM
Step 1: figuring out how to code "butchering" of rotten corpses without ending up with non-rotten meat etc.
i suppose this step is also valable for the extraction of bones from the rotten corpses, its possible to make it without this firstly ?
I mean, if the operation will also use fresh corpses, as player we can manage this for have butchered all the fresh corpses in question when we reactivate the bill.
So the step 1 is secondary even if it will make this fonctionnality more confortable to use.
(i just recommend to indicate this detail in the description of the bill of the crematorium/fireplace)
The important is to have the possibility to makes the bones. The concretebone's walls and the bone's deathtraps expect from the raw material to be built. ;-)